What completely upsets me about doing HT research...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northeastguy
    • Feb 2012

Sausage, I hope your right regarding Replicel. I'm just not holding my breath. Lifes to short and I want to get on with it...

BTW, i did buy a little stock so I've got my fingers crossed a little tighter than normal

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
      Tracy, do you think that the ease and efficacy of wearing hair is comparable for men and women? I would think that it's much easier for women...
      I wouldn't say it's easier for women so much as it is more acceptable for women. I would suspect that it would be easier for a man who is a Norwood 6 or 7 because the pattern of loss is relatively well defined and they are typically slick bald at that stage. When you have a wacky pattern of mixed density like I have, what else can you do but wear full wigs - and I did so for many years just so I could leave the house to go to work. I absolutely hated wearing full wigs. They are terrible. As I got hair back I graduated from full wigs to pull-through toppers. Toppers are kind of like toupées in that they are only partial hair pieces. Some glue on or tape on like a toupée and others clip on or use the pull-through method. Toppers are not perfect but they are a lot more stealthy and comfortable than full wigs. It is usually easier for a woman to conceal that she is wearing a topper because women usually do not loose their hair lines - though their hair lines do weeken. You cannot conceal a full wig easily - if at all.

Comment

• gillenator
        • Dec 2008

I wore hair systems for 11 years before my first HT procedure in 1996. I hated wearing them because most men lose in their frontal zone which includes loss of hairline. That was the toughest part for me every morning and/or whenever I washed my system which was attached to my scalp. In the beginning, it took hours to master the right techniques and then I had to use lots of hair spray to hold that look in place.

Women are very talented at creating hair styles and typically wear their length longer which enables them to pull their hair in different directions. That's very helpful in covering areas of thinning or balding. Many of them learn how to create volume with an air brush. Things that many guys simply do not have skill in. Many guys comb their hair straight back which helps create illusionary volume and coverage.

Many women thin in the Ludwig pattern of hairloss which produces thinning throughout the scalp verses the recessionary patterns of loss that most men take on. Toppik works great in thinning areas as many of us know.
        "Gillenator"
        Independent Patient Advocate
        more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• kd
          • Jan 2012

m261978 I completely agree with you. Its hard because there is a lot of money in the HT industry meaning that people will do anything to get you in that chair...

But with most research there is always contradictive information and the fact that we are human means we all heal different...

I wrote a post which may help you on picking a surgeon this may provide a little guidance...

My opinion is getting in contact with people on the any forum and meet them in person who has had a HT and who are in the same boat as you... Nevertheless, results will vary but atleast if you pick the same doctor you could hope it turns out well for you.

Good luck buddy...

Comment

Working...