Can body exercise like pull ups, squats, and push up be safe to perform post-op?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strong
    • Mar 2009

Can body exercise like pull ups, squats, and push up be safe to perform post-op?

I was told in a week I can start to workout againg but to be safe I would like to here other opinion on this since their are alot. I'm 10 days post of from a small FUE. I'm dying to workout again but afraid to risk grafts being lost because of workingout. Can bodyweight exercise like push ups,pull ups, dips, chin ups, squats, step ups etc be safe to perform?
    Thanks
  • SpencerKobren
    Administrator
    • Oct 2008

Hey Strong,
    At this point your grafts are completely anchored. Since you had FUE performed, you don’t have to be concerned about scar stretch back, so I think you’re good to go.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

At 10 days post-op you are totally safe to go ahead with full workouts. I practice in Florida and have a high percentage of my patients that work out regularly. The first question they have is always , how soon can I get back to my normal work out routine? t this point your success is now in the hands of a higher power. Good luck!
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• strong
        • Mar 2009

I'm glad to hear that I can resume working out. Thanks 4 the replies.

Comment

• gillenator
          • Dec 2008

strong,

One thing to add. If you work your abs and do sit ups and crunches in your routine, STOP THEM. Why? If you had strip you can stretch your linear scar. Don't do anything that would put undue tension or pulling in the occipital area of your scalp where your donor scar is located. IMHO, wait on this type of activity for at least two months.
          "Gillenator"
          Independent Patient Advocate
          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• strong
            • Mar 2009

I didn't get strip I actully had a small session of FUE done. Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

• gillenator
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by strong
              I didn't get strip I actully had a small session of FUE done. Thanks for the advice though.
              Well happy growth!
              "Gillenator"
              Independent Patient Advocate
              more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• strong
                • Mar 2009

thanks gillenator

Comment

Working...