X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H_A
    • Feb 2012

Question about Propecia & Proscar

Hello

i want to know is that ok to switch from propecia to proscar and cut the pill to 5 pieces ? is that safe and same dose and contains as in propecia ? as most of here knows the price high on propecia pills ,

thanks
  • chrisdav
    • Oct 2011

H_A

You can cut proscar into 5ths and it still works exactly the same as 1mg propecia.

I cut mine into quarters and take 1.25 but people do tend to vary their doses.

It is better for your wallet to purchase finasteride in the form of brand proscar or generic finasteride.

Comment

• H_A
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by chrisdav
      H_A

You can cut proscar into 5ths and it still works exactly the same as 1mg propecia.

I cut mine into quarters and take 1.25 but people do tend to vary their doses.

It is better for your wallet to purchase finasteride in the form of brand proscar or generic finasteride.
      could you show me pictures of the original products of brand proscar or generic finasteride.

Comment

• H_A
        • Feb 2012

and is this the right way to cut proscar pill to 1 mg
        Attached Files

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by H_A
          and is this the right way to cut proscar pill to 1 mg
          lol my 5 mg pill doesn't look anything like that... it's actually round

Comment

• H_A
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by 2020
            lol my 5 mg pill doesn't look anything like that... it's actually round
            damn , so how u cut it ?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by H_A
              damn , so how u cut it ?
              I don't I currently just take 5 mg/day.... it's super cheap anyways

Comment

• H_A
                • Feb 2012

did u get a good result ? and ur gear still working ?

Comment

• fab
                  • Mar 2012

you take 5mg a day??

Comment

• oOKawaiiOo
                    • Apr 2012

DAMN! You brave man...... hahaha

But Look at this website Ive found on another thread. 1mg propecia isnt the same as 1mg proscar according to this website! What do you think?!

Last edited by oOKawaiiOo; 04-24-2012, 09:10 AM. Reason: Add a website to my post

Comment

• Spex
                      Dr Representative
                      • Nov 2008

Yep - its the same drug, finasteride as mentioned countless times all over the net
                      Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Comment

• PacWantsHair
                        • Jan 2012

I need to get proscar.

How do I go about doing this?? I'm not comfortable ordering it online (unless there's some really reliable site that I'm unaware of). Will my doctor just prescribe it for me when I explain the issue? Anyone buy a pill cutter??

I simply can't afford Propecia much longer.

Comment

• PacWantsHair
                          • Jan 2012

So I called my doctor's office and explained my situation about wanting Proscar and my intentions of cutting it up into 4ths to save money.

The doctor said he didn't feel comfortable prescribing me to it because I'm too young (29) to be taking 5mg a day.

I called back to explain that I wasn't going to take 5mg a day, I was going to cut 1 up into 4 pills. He still didn't feel comfortable doing this.

So now I'm in a real tough spot - Propecia has really helped me grow back some hair and prevent further loss. And I have no side effects. But I can't afford it - it costs almost $90 a month. Absolutely ridiculous.

Is there a safe online site that sells Proscar?? I'm running out of options.

Comment

• bob13
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by PacWantsHair
                            So I called my doctor's office and explained my situation about wanting Proscar and my intentions of cutting it up into 4ths to save money.

The doctor said he didn't feel comfortable prescribing me to it because I'm too young (29) to be taking 5mg a day.

I called back to explain that I wasn't going to take 5mg a day, I was going to cut 1 up into 4 pills. He still didn't feel comfortable doing this.

So now I'm in a real tough spot - Propecia has really helped me grow back some hair and prevent further loss. And I have no side effects. But I can't afford it - it costs almost $90 a month. Absolutely ridiculous.

Is there a safe online site that sells Proscar?? I'm running out of options.
                            Simply go to another doctor.

Comment

Working...