Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northeastguy
    • Feb 2012

Strip scar revision and skilled surgions

In regards to doing strip revisions, other than Hasson and Wong who has a good reputation for revising strip scars. Every Md says they are great at it but if that was the case most of us wouldn't be walking around with cm wide smiley faces. Obviously each patient is differant depending on various attributes. Anyone have personal experience with successful revision of their scars? Other than Tricho-closure (rather over hyped and best on virgin scalps I've been told) are there newer techniques being used to help prevent stretchback?

All thoughts and opinions welcome...
  • Follicle Death Row
    • May 2011

Thing is the strips should never be a uniform width the entire length. There are areas of variable laxity and the strip should widen and thin in certain areas to ensure a uniform tension upon closure. A uniform width strip on the other hand will result in areas of high tension and this is where the scar will stretch and widen. Dr. Hasson seems to be the master at strip excision and closure. He has a good video explaining this.

Comment

• northeastguy
      • Feb 2012

I believe this is the video.....

Comment

• Jotronic
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
        Thing is the strips should never be a uniform width the entire length. There are areas of variable laxity and the strip should widen and thin in certain areas to ensure a uniform tension upon closure. A uniform width strip on the other hand will result in areas of high tension and this is where the scar will stretch and widen. Dr. Hasson seems to be the master at strip excision and closure. He has a good video explaining this.
        Goodness, someone's been listening Well said, sir. Well said.
        www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Comment

Working...