+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Exclamation Vinny's posting on the Choi implanter

That was a quote from Dr Rassman at his blog site in answering a question about the "Choi Implanter". The points that had stood out to me were this --
    "‘skinny’ grafts, which tend to dry out more easily...Some people believe that skinny grafts do not grow as well"
    "The Choi implanter (is used by)those people who did not develop the difficult placing skills with the more traditional transplant tools"

Based on those points alone I would NOT opt for that type of technique to be done on my scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytr View Post

I must say i am really surprised you guys think this technique is absolutely useless but also glad in a way because i am considering this technique at a 3 times higher cost than the 1st one !!
    It's very much a labour-saving instrument so I'm surprised that the cost would be higher.

Ultimately it comes down to results and an instrument that might give poor results in the hands of one surgeon isn't necessarily bad if another surgeon can do magic with it. On the whole, though, you'd be best off seeking out a surgeon who makes the incisions himself and where the grafts are inserted without the aid of a machine.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    It's very much a labour-saving instrument so I'm surprised that the cost would be higher.

Ultimately it comes down to results and an instrument that might give poor results in the hands of one surgeon isn't necessarily bad if another surgeon can do magic with it. On the whole, though, you'd be best off seeking out a surgeon who makes the incisions himself and where the grafts are inserted without the aid of a machine.

Thanks for your detailed input on this .

Can you tell me what the other method is called ? the one where the surgeon makes the incisions himself ?

I have been told i would need around 4500 grafts if the donor area is capable of supplying .The HT will take 2 days and 8 hours each day . As far as i am aware the picking of the donor grafts are done by micromotor .There is a team of 9 people including the surgeon and he is the only one that does the inserting the grafts and i believe the rest of the team are there to fill up the "choi implanters"
    Does the above make sense ?? How long would the same amount of grafts take to transplant with the labour heavy method then ??

Spex & Ejj , you guys have been quiet ??