+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyBird View Post
    First off, he is not infotainment. CNN is an example of infotainment, Bill Maher is 1 hour per week of political debate interspersed with comedy and entertainment. The debate is serious and doesn't have to be cut into 15 second chunks that are repeated word for word by someone else on another channel. Therefore I can't think of a worse example of infotainment than Maher. I think you need to check your definition.
    infotainment |ˌinfōˈtānmənt|
    noun
    broadcast material that is intended both to entertain and to inform.
    Would HBO even bother with a show that did not meet this criteria?

I'm not here to get in an argument It's a case of semantics I suppose.
    I watch him regularly and find a lot of what he and his guests say as more of an opinion than actual fact.
    And if CNN is infotainment explain Fareed Zakeria and Sanjy Gupta to me.
    I can't imagine the latter not doing a segment on a cure for hair loss if it were real.
    I've had type 1 diabetes for over 25 years so I know a little about chronic health conditions. I follow the JDFs information on research closely and I'm on their participant list for any new trial (drug or surgical). Sadly I get called rarely because there just isn't anything as effective or as affordable as multiple daily insulin injections yet.
    I'm not trying to defend drug companies. They are beholden to stockholders and the money they spend to develop a new drug versus what they actually deliver is outrageous. If insurance doesn't pay for it they don't care.
    Lets hope Histogen and Aderans who seem to work outside of big pharma can change that. I for one would have no problem if I had to go for yearly injections to maintain my hair. It would be a cakewalk compared to testing my glucose levels 7 times a day and then having to give myself an injection.

You guys need to chill out.

Even if this is the case, I think it's in the interest of Drug companies to release a hairloss product which is both safe to use and effective.

If propecia for example was 100% safe; I would be taking it right now. Drug companies if ANYTHING are not properly tapping into a huge market. Thus losing revenue.

Even if there isn't a "cure" there will be something like CB that will block DHT to the follicles and not cause side effects. That would be good enough for a lot of people. Growing back a new full head of hair after becoming completely bald is a different story. It's weird how far science has come in regards to technology and medicine but somehow hair loss hasn't been solved yet.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    You guys need to chill out.

Even if this is the case, I think it's in the interest of Drug companies to release a hairloss product which is both safe to use and effective.

If propecia for example was 100% safe; I would be taking it right now. Drug companies if ANYTHING are not properly tapping into a huge market. Thus losing revenue.
    propecia is ok if you grind up the tablets and throw in your shampoo. I haven't had side effects systemically from doing that.

hairtransplant companies wont let it either

I have had several curiosities with cabs, after which I no longer trust any service except https://bycar.su/en/3valless/transfe...t-val_thorens/. I confess that I am a picky customer, but in all the time I have worked with them I have not had a single problem. So not only do I recommend them to you, but I use their services regularly myself. That is my experience.