+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    ok.... so let's say Replicel comes up with a cure - 50% hair growth 100% of the time.
    What could ANYONE do to stop them from bringing such treatment into the market? It's impossible
    replicel would sell either sell the patent to another company (it would make a shit tonne there and then and not have to carry on developing it further.

They company that bought the patent would probably have wanted it in their control so their existing products are still top products raking in the most cash.

It's simple: a cure would make far more money for any given company, in less than one year, than would a "maintenance treatment" on the market for a quarter century.
    Compared to the size of the target market, finasteride and minoxidil are commercial flops. People want a real solution.
    The first company to release a "cure" or at least a highly effective hair loss reversal treatment will not have to worry about money for a long, long time. If you can make a trickle of cash over a few decades or a crap load of money this year, it's obvious which you're going to choose, regardless of how evil and scheming of a CEO you are.

I have plenty of issues with big pharma but the conspiracy theory about suppressing a hair loss treatment/cure that would make overnight millionaires (if not billionaires) is not that good of a theory.

No disrespect to anyone in this thread. This is just how markets and greed work.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    i had just kept it simple and said something like " can anyone tell me a time when they have delivered something after 'promising' research"
    If powerful, nefarious forces are somehow preventing "promising research" from being developed into marketable products, then why is the "promising research" even being conducted in the first place?

Ok, so you're saying that you believe that nothing yet exists better and I am saying...hmm hold on
    "Hmm, hold on" isn't a credible argument. If you want to maintain that some better hair loss treatment than what is currently available exists, then it's up to you to prove its existence.

no one can tell me I single time when they've delivered anything so if we think about it what i am saying is fact and what you are saying is, well, just a belief
    That no effective hair loss treatment yet exists is a matter of fact, not belief.

yes it's a public record but they make public what they want the general public to know, of course they will only state a valid reason for not continuing with trials.
    No. "Public" and "public record" are not the same thing. The latter encompasses specific information that entities are required to disclose, not just any old information they choose to make known.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    If powerful, nefarious forces are somehow preventing "promising research" from being developed into marketable products, then why is the "promising research" even being conducted in the first place?
    I would agree they want to improve treatments, but only new products that require constant use and purchasing, not one off cure treatments.

"Hmm, hold on" isn't a credible argument. If you want to maintain that some better hair loss treatment than what is currently available exists, then it's up to you to prove its existence.
    i see what you did there, very mature quoting half of a sentence, who are you fox news? i dont need to prove there is anything better out there to be correct in saying that everytime they say such an such is potentially a few years from market..that nothing happens, can you dispute that..probably not.

That no effective hair loss treatment yet exists is a matter of fact, not belief.
    you believe there is nothing better than what we already have and I agree and believe it or not that's what i'm saying. I wouldn't fault them, but they keep promising stuff then never showing the end product.

No. "Public" and "public record" are not the same thing. The latter encompasses specific information that entities are required to disclose, not just any old information they choose to make known.

my reaction to your confidence in the transparency of a big corporation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ikRXBkkQc

They company that bought the patent would probably have wanted it in their control so their existing products are still top products raking in the most cash.
    Who is that company? Who has that much money to blow and then make it back with their own "hair loss products"?

Propecia from the very beginning had "disapointing" sale numbers and that number keeps shrinking every year. Propecia's patent is about to expire anyways. There is no reason for Merck to keep preserving their "monopoly". People aren't buying Propecia as it is....

Who else Rogaine? Do you know how many BILLIONS johnson & johnson bring it from their other products? Rogaine sales amounts to pennies compared to that. They wouldn't even bother with it...

Inactive

Thumbs down

I would agree they want to improve treatments, but only new products that require constant use and purchasing, not one off cure treatments.
    But since, according to you, they haven't actually developed any of those treatments, how could they possibly know whether they're one-off or continuous use treatments?

i see what you did there, very mature quoting half of a sentence, who are you fox news?
    Once the drivel is eliminated, there's not much left to quote.

i dont need to prove there is anything better out there to be correct in saying that everytime they say such an such is potentially a few years from market..that nothing happens, can you dispute that
    Yes, it's eminently disputable. The overwhelming majority of medical treatments fail to pan out early in the development process, well before the clinical trial stage. Those failures don't mean "nothing happened"; you just assume nothing happened because you didn't hear about it.

my reaction to your confidence in the transparency of a big corporation
    Thereby once again demonstrating your ignorance of what the term "public record" means.

But since, according to you, they haven't actually developed any of those treatments, how could they possibly know whether they're one-off or continuous use treatments?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Inactive

Lightbulb

According to Merck's latest 10-K filing, in 2011 their Propecia sales brought in $447 million. By way of comparison, Singulair alone brings in over 12 times as much revenue to Merck as Propecia does.

Replicel's stated initial price point is $15,000. That means that if only 29,800 people availed themselves of a Replicel "cure" in the first year, it would bring in as much money as Merck's annual worldwide sales of Propecia. And Merck's Propecia sales figures will certainly plummet once their patent on finasteride as a MPB treatment expires next year.

Which do you think has the greater financial potential?

reported as a troll.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Translation: I have no coherent argument to make, so I will resort to acting like a spoiled child who can't have his way.