Threaded View

I can’t cite one single example of pharmaceutical companies raking in tons of money by producing drugs that require continual usage rather than offering a one-time cure?? Try virtually every single drug that big pharma makes their money off of!! Look at minoxidil and finasteride. They’re both made by large pharmaceutical companies and require continual usage or else a person will continue to lose hair. Cymbalta and Prozac by Eli Lilly fall into this category, so do Lipitor by Pfizer, Nexium by Astra-Zeneca, and Plavix by Bristol-Myers Squibb all fall into this category. These are only a small few of the drugs that big pharma uses to treat diseases/conditions rather than to cure them. I just named the ones that make the most money. And here’s an article which lists the top-selling drugs from 2010 and virtually all of them are made by big pharmaceutical companies and are treatments (that require continual usage) rather than cures. (http://www.drugs.com/top200.html)
    And maybe no one has developed an effective vaccine for acne because none of the big pharmas who have the power to develop an effective vaccine desire to develop it at all when acne “treatments” are very profitable to them. That article that you linked doesn’t mean a damn thing. All it says is that some discovery made in mice “could” lead to an effective vaccine for acne in 5 years. We’ve heard those same promises before from mice researchers with regards to hair loss and those promises haven’t added up to a hill of beans. Scientists have poked and prodded at mice to develop “insights” and “clues” to develop cures for human diseases for many decades now and haven’t produced a cure for much of anything. These mouse discoveries really make me laugh.
    Hair transplant doctors may not command a large sphere of influence when it comes to the federal government in general, but when it comes to hair science and research, they absolutely do. Hair restoration is a multi-billion dollar business and hair transplantation accounts for the majority of this. So if a group of over 1,000 doctors who perform a surgical procedure that accounts for the majority of money generated in a billion dollar business, wants to work to further their monetary self-interest, they absolutely can. No doubt about it. I think about how federal governments have not done anything to oversee the atrocities performed in the hair transplant industry. Before the advent of more sophisticated versions of FUT and FUE, countless numbers of people were getting butchered and permanently disfigured by horrendous hair transplants. And even today plenty of people are getting permanently butchered by hair transplant doctors. Spencer even says this all the time on his radio show that on any given day now, some one will be permanently disfigured by a badly-performed hair transplant. There are people like Joe from Staten Island and Johnny from Ohio who call into the radio show all the time and they were permanently damaged by archaic hair transplants. Yet has government done anything to oversee the hair transplant industry to make sure that they perform up to some standard of ethics? Absolutely not. Some hair transplant surgeons were operating out in the open and disfiguring and scarring people for decades, yet no government agency has done a damn thing to stop them. That among other things leads me to believe that hair transplant doctors actually do have a good deal of influence with certain government agencies and other figures of authority.
    How do you know that Dr. Fawzi’s discoveries “weren’t replicable under controlled circumstances”? Has this ever been proven? Was there ever a larger-scale study conducted to determine this? Of course not. You’re just giving pure speculation without any evidence or proof. All I know is that this study that she conducted produced some excellent and exciting results that could possibly have a huge benefit for all us. Yet instead of being pursued, the results of her study seem to be reported on once 3 years ago, and then largely forgotten. And saying that some conspiracy theory fits into what I want to believe is just absolute bullshit since you don’t even know me.