+ Reply to Thread

Red face 21 year old losing hair since 17.

Hey guys, i've been losing hair since age 17 and have significantly lost hair ever since. my hair line is completely messed up and my crownal area also has very thin hair as well. I was in a denial at the first stages of when my hair loss started but then realized I had to do something about it when I turned 20. I bought the new hairmax laser comb including a 2% concentration of minoxidil and used to consistently for almost 8 months until I stopped using the morning dosage of the 2% minoxidil due to my laziness. Ever since that time period I have lost even more hair due to that careless.

However from the beginning of March 3rd, I got myself a prescribed finastride, 15% dulagen minoxidil that I use at Pm (or before I sleep) mainly for my hair line due to its azelaic acid that inhibits 100% dht on the scalp, 5% kirkland minoxidil in the am (or whenever I wake up). N 3 times a week laser comb to give my hair all the boost they need to grow back or possibly make my miniaturized hair the thickness. N a proper hair treatment shampoo from HAIR CLUB including the conditioner.

It has now been a month since I've continued the regimen routine and it seems as if my hair have gotten worse from when i started. Im guessing its the propecia shedding phase effect? Well whatever it is, I will keep posting here for my hair update.

N please feel free to advise. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by G-squad View Post
    due to its azelaic acid that inhibits 100% dht on the scalp,
    uhm that number is actually 90% and that's in VITRO. I'm sure it does help but I doubt it completely eliminates all androgens from your scalp

Where can I find Vitro? Have you tried it and is it effective.

Where can I find Vitro? Have you tried it and is it effective.
    In vitro (Latin: within glass) refers to studies in experimental biology that are conducted using components of an organism that have been isolated from their usual biological context in order to permit a more detailed or more convenient analysis than can be done with whole organisms
    tl;dr: they didn't achieve that 90% reduction in HUMAN STUDIES.

I use Revivogen which does have Azelaic Acid in it but I don't expect much... Whatever results I do get I'll know that at least ~85% of that was due to finasteride

[QUOTE=2020;58080]tl;dr: they didn't achieve that 90% reduction in HUMAN STUDIES.

Does it help your hair line? N does propecia help it too?

Btw whats the cause of flaking dry scalp? N how do i fix it?

Does it help your hair line? N does propecia help it too?

Btw whats the cause of flaking dry scalp? N how do i fix it?
    I'm only on my third month with Propecia. No change so far.
    Revivogen has good ingredients so if you're losing hair you might as well use that instead of some generic store shampoo...

Hi G-squad,

Some things I want to say to you. First if you want to arrest your hair loss and possibly grow some back, don't be lazy anymore.

I have been using the laser comb myself for several years. However, I use mine every other day now. I used to use it 3 times a week as directed but I read a power point presentation from a doctor I respect who suggested using LLLT should be every other day rather than 3 times per week. I've been using mine every other day since reading that power point presentation.

Concerning the 15% blend of Minoxidil you are using. I do not believe using those exotic high percentage blends are a good idea. Those who know much more about these things that I do have stated more than a few times that the high percentage of Minoxidil in those blends is no more effective than common 5% generic Minodixil you can buy at your local pharmacy. However, the high percentage of Minoxidil in those blends can increase your likelyhood of experiencing the possible negative side effects of Minoxidil. Also, the "extra stuff" that you usually find on those exotic concoctions often do more harm than good. For that reason, the FDA has shut down many businesses that have been selling those blends of Minoxidil. It would be a good idea for you to start tapering off of that now and onto regular 5% Minoxidil liquid or Rogaine foam. There are generic Minoxidil foams available now that cost a little less than name brand Rogaine foam. Minoxidil foam is way better than liguid Minoxidil. I use the foam for my morning dose because is is stealthy. I still use the liquid for my evening dose - to save money.

Concerning shampoo an conditioner, you do not need to waste your money on Hair Club's products. Just use a good quality sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. I switched to sulfate free on the advice of Dr. Charles in this forum. I now use Aveeno's sulfate shampoo and conditioner and I like them a lot. It would be a good idea to use Nizoral A-D shampoo once a week though.

I hope you find this helpful. Take care,

Tracy