+ Reply to Thread

Default FUE doctors in canada

I've decided I wanna take my chances with yet another HT. I've vowed to keep fighting this god damn curse even if I end up getting 10 HTs. I was really thinking about Gho but the fact that I have to wait forever for my turn, and the trip to Europe and all the unnecessary travel expenses have made me decide against it. My last 2 HTs (FUTs) were done by H&W but because of the problem I have (talked about it some time ago) I think I want to go for an FUE this time but Dr.Wong keeps telling me FUE grafts have a much higher failure rates. But then there are doctors (like dr. Cole and others) who say FUE is the way and there's nothing to worry about. So, I don't know. But anyway if I dont go with dr. Cole, what other good doctors in canada who specialize in FUE?

In Canada..... Dr Rahal. Just over the boarder is Dr Shapiro. As you mentioned, Dr Cole. If you do want FUE, then choose a Doctor who does it mostly full time. He will also need to determine whether you are a good candidate for FUE before you even go down that road.

Best of luck...

Thanks, northeastguy. So dr. Rahal is the guy for FUE in canada?

BTW, any one here had an FUE with dr. Wong (of H&W )? What can you tell us about the result?

I don't know all the Md's in Canada I'm sure there are others. However, Dr Rahal has a very good reputation. Do a little research and you will find those who have used him are very happy. Keep in mind he does both FUE and Strip. That is the same for Dr Shapiro. There are only a few who do only FUE. Cole and Woods are two of them. As far as Dr Wong of H&W, they do mostly if not all FUT (strip)..... and are considered by some to be two of the Best at it. Every one of the Md's discussed here are very good. You just need to find a comfort level with whoever you choose. Peace of mind knowing you went with the right Md for your needs does have value.

best of luck...

Thanks, northeastguy. I want to go with a doctor who's confident about his ability to produce good results with FUEs with a good survival rates (of the grafts).

I have spoken with both Dr Cole and Dr Rahal's associates and both claim 95% success rate on FUE. I think Dr Cole claims even better. He also uses Acell and PRP. Rahal does not. Both are quite confident. Both do their own donor extractions and create recipient sites. I won't use anyone who uses staff to do either of these steps.

don't let a little distance be a major part of your decision process. Obviously I don't think we need to travel to Europe to get great results but I don't mind traveling domestic or even taking a ride north to see Dr Rahal.

Hope this helps

VictimOfDHT, I 'd go with Dr. Rahal, I had mine with him and I traveled all the way from Italy. But i didn't have FUE, I had FUT.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    I have spoken with both Dr Cole and Dr Rahal's associates and both claim 95% success rate on FUE. I think Dr Cole claims even better. He also uses Acell and PRP. Rahal does not. Both are quite confident. Both do their own donor extractions and create recipient sites. I won't use anyone who uses staff to do either of these steps.

don't let a little distance be a major part of your decision process. Obviously I don't think we need to travel to Europe to get great results but I don't mind traveling domestic or even taking a ride north to see Dr Rahal.

Hope this helps
    Thanks, northeastguy. I appreciate it. 95% survival rate is as good as it can get I think.
    I just have no clue why H&W as competent and reputable as they are say the survival rate is much much lower for an FUE. I guess it would be worth it to travel close to the east coast since Rahal guarantees a high graft survival rate.

Fab, how many grafts did you get? I asked the same question in another post but I don't know if you saw it or not. Are you going to get another HT? Grazie.

I had about 3,000. I'll prob get another one but in like 2 years. But I don't like the numbness, it really sucks. Wish there was another way

Can you tell me what Rahal charged for 3000