+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Don't really think anybody here is doing hair systems justice. It's cheap, easy and undetectable to sight with some training. Despite still having most hair left as well as my natural hairline(so I wasn't exactly going from bald to afro), I opted to shave the top of my head just to try it out and see if it was a possible solution for the future with the idea that if it doesn't work out I'll just shave it all off and start from scratch since I know I can rock the 'chrome dome' fairly well.

I bought a stock system in black color and got it cut in by a local hair dresser and it really does look perfect. Once a week I take it off, clean my head and the system, and attach it again with tape and glue. It sits like a rock, it isn't irritating at all as long as you attach it properly, and I don't have to change a single part of my life to accomodate it. All I did was change the shampoo, conditioner and hair gel out for products that were better fitted for systems(not more expensive, and actually the ones I use are the same a lot of non-wearers use, just less harsh to the hair). I do daily workouts at the gym/swim and I party 5 days a week and of course take daily showers and am pretty rough with the system and the hair is still in perfect condition two months in and from what I've read with proper care you can expect it to last 4-6 months. And by the way girls play with my hair all the time and they've never noticed a thing. I have a very active sexlife(by my standards, about 2-3 times a week), and it's never comes up. Now I'm not gonna say you won't find the system if you're looking for it, but if you're not(and by the way nobody is), then it's as good as your natural hair.

And by the way it costs like 200$ if you just find the right supplier. If you buy more at the same time you get it even cheaper than that. The products that you need for it are as cheap as the products you'd use on regular hair. And if you're more paranoid than me there are "discreet hairdressers" that specialize in cutting in pieces and wigs that you can go to.

Oh and by the way this isn't an advert or me saying you should go for it. This is just me saying that if you can square it with yourself that all the hair on your head isn't naturally grown then it's a good option. Just hit up one of the hair system forums for help.

Personally I'm going to try a full cap next(a complete wig). I've seen remarkable results with it up close, and I kinda like the idea of being able to change your hairstyle on a whim. Always wanted to try really long hair so I'm gonna go for it.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    Don't really think anybody here is doing hair systems justice. It's cheap, easy and undetectable to sight with some training. Despite still having most hair left as well as my natural hairline(so I wasn't exactly going from bald to afro), I opted to shave the top of my head just to try it out and see if it was a possible solution for the future with the idea that if it doesn't work out I'll just shave it all off and start from scratch since I know I can rock the 'chrome dome' fairly well.

I bought a stock system in black color and got it cut in by a local hair dresser and it really does look perfect. Once a week I take it off, clean my head and the system, and attach it again with tape and glue. It sits like a rock, it isn't irritating at all as long as you attach it properly, and I don't have to change a single part of my life to accomodate it. All I did was change the shampoo, conditioner and hair gel out for products that were better fitted for systems(not more expensive, and actually the ones I use are the same a lot of non-wearers use, just less harsh to the hair). I do daily workouts at the gym/swim and I party 5 days a week and of course take daily showers and am pretty rough with the system and the hair is still in perfect condition two months in and from what I've read with proper care you can expect it to last 4-6 months. And by the way girls play with my hair all the time and they've never noticed a thing. I have a very active sexlife(by my standards, about 2-3 times a week), and it's never comes up. Now I'm not gonna say you won't find the system if you're looking for it, but if you're not(and by the way nobody is), then it's as good as your natural hair.

And by the way it costs like 200$ if you just find the right supplier. If you buy more at the same time you get it even cheaper than that. The products that you need for it are as cheap as the products you'd use on regular hair. And if you're more paranoid than me there are "discreet hairdressers" that specialize in cutting in pieces and wigs that you can go to.

Oh and by the way this isn't an advert or me saying you should go for it. This is just me saying that if you can square it with yourself that all the hair on your head isn't naturally grown then it's a good option. Just hit up one of the hair system forums for help.

Personally I'm going to try a full cap next(a complete wig). I've seen remarkable results with it up close, and I kinda like the idea of being able to change your hairstyle on a whim. Always wanted to try really long hair so I'm gonna go for it.

Peace.
    Thanks Jundam I appreciate the honesty. Do you have any pics of your hairline from the eyebrows up so we can see what it looks like... I'm still mighty confused as to how it blends into your forehead :P

Also when you're not wearing it what does it look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Thanks Jundam I appreciate the honesty. Do you have any pics of your hairline from the eyebrows up so we can see what it looks like... I'm still mighty confused as to how it blends into your forehead :P

Also when you're not wearing it what does it look like?
    No, unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it and I can't take any 'cause I broke my system camera on a drunken escapade and the camera on my mobile phone is absolute shit(waiting for the next Samsung!) so it wouldn't do you any good to stare at that. But there's loads of high-res pictures of hairlines on various forums you can check out.

As far as the blend goes it's basically down to what type of "base" you use. The two most popular ones are skin and lace. I've never seen anybody up close with a skin base so I can't vouch for them but basically it's just a very thin piece of artificial skin designed to replicate the look of the skin on your head and then covered with hair. As far as lace goes, it's a very thin and kinda see-through net so that when stretched and pressed against the skin on your head it disappears and gives the illusion that the hair is growing naturally on your head.

As for when you're not wearing it looks exactly like you would imagine it does; as if you're bald or have been pranked and had your head shaved in your sleep. But if you're worried about not being able to take a break from it then it's really as easy as just putting on a hat instead. I've done that a few times when I've been cleaning up and needed go out and smoke. Just make sure that it fits and doesn't just fly off by slightest touch and you don't have anything to worry about.

I'm not a regular on this forum anymore and just checked in because I was curious about how Replicel turned out, I just noticed your response because I got a notification in my inbox, and I won't be stopping by anymore because I've got better things to do these days. But there's lots of forums for hair systems so just check some of them out and you'll find all the answers you're looking for.

Peace.

Where'd you get the piece do they have a website?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    who in their right mind still considers hair transplants in 2012..... transplants ARE PERMANENT. FOREVER! New treatments are right around the corner. Can't you at least wait until the end of this year??
    Realise this thread is a bit old, but just came across it now. What do you mean by this, Histogen isn't even going to be released until the end of 2015, and that's in Asia. It will be a bit later in other countries. Hair transplants still seem to be only thing that can be done to recover what this bloody parasite MPB has robbed from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Realise this thread is a bit old, but just came across it now. What do you mean by this, Histogen isn't even going to be released until the end of 2015, and that's in Asia. It will be a bit later in other countries. Hair transplants still seem to be only thing that can be done to recover what this bloody parasite MPB has robbed from us.
    The sad thing is 2020's comment was saying to wait till the end of 2012. We are already approaching the end of 2013. Same BS hair loss cures are around the corner.