+ Reply to Thread

Default Beginning Help- Finding a salon or a professional to start out with. Boston

Hey guys,

I really need help starting the process of getting a hair piece/system. I have just decided on getting a hair piece after coming back from the hair transplant doctor. I am only 24 and will not have enough hair in the future for a good looking transplant.

I think I would like to first see a professional(salon that does hair systems for men regularly?) and get my head measurements, skin color, hair color, hair type, hair piece style advice, template, and everything else worked out. It's a bit overwhelming to do this myself at first . Ideally, I'd like a professional who knows where I should put my new hairline for best looks.

I've been to Hair Club for Men for a consultation. They seemed a bit eager to sell to me off the bat. After looking online, they definitely do seem overpriced. I don't think I'd like to go back to HCM.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to start looking for people/salons/professionals in Boston who can help me get started?

I've looked through 5 different forums and haven't really found any specific advice on what to do.

I'm 24 years old and this hair loss is a pretty big blow to me. Any help at all would be greatly greatly appreciated!!

Sincerely,
    Joe W.

P.s. I've read about the different types and would ideally like to detach the piece once a week. I am a regular weight lifter, and would like to be able to go to the beach and get it wet(since summer is approaching).