+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Think it's time you guys updated your website with more vids. Some crazy good results recently.

The goal posts move again Joe. A Georgian clinic have achieved 9688 in one session! Patient had mutant laxity.

Does anyone know why HT surgeons use staples instead of sutures?

You have excellent margins prepared with a scalpel and great visibility/access. Scars are a going concern for patients. The dentist does more in considerably more difficult conditions after you get a tooth pulled

I often wondered the same thing but recently I read this on Dr. Bernstein's site;

Staples

The advantage of using staples is that, of all the donor closures, staples conserve the most hair. There are two main reasons for this. The first is that stainless steel staples are inert. This means that, unlike sutures, the body tissues do not react to them and therefore staples cause minimal inflammation (which has the potential to damage hair follicles). The second advantage of staples is that they are interrupted, in contrast to sutures which are used in a long running loop stitch. A running stitch had a tendency to strangle hair follicles, particularly if there is any swelling after the surgery. The use of interrupted staples avoids this potential damage to grafts.

The advantage of sutures had been that the surgeon had the most control in approximating (closing together) the wound edges. For a long time we felt that the better control of the wound edges offered by sutures outweighed its disadvantages. However, with new stapling techniques and modifying the time that the staples are left in the scalp, excellent wound edge approximation is achieved and the main advantage of sutures has largely been eliminated.

Sutures are generally more comfortable post-operatively than staples and are more convenient for patients because they do not need to be removed. However, because staples offer superior preservation of donor hair, this is our closure of choice for most procedures. For those patients who will benefit from sutures, or for those who simply prefer them, we still offer this type of closure.

Here you go boys, results after 11 months. I took these photos in Rome during my last visit in March.

www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Awesome.

I cant believe this is the same guy . Good for you dude!!!!

Home run. Well done all
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Great results!
    Didn't you take photos of the scar. I'm interested to see how the scar is after this huge amount of tissue was removed will be.