+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dr. Hasson/9168 Grafts/One Session/One Day Post-Op

This patient came from Italy so that Dr. Hasson could restore as much of his NW5 hair loss as possible. The patient exhibited above average donor density and above average donor laxity. The before/after photos represent one day post-op healing. We hope to have continual updates from the patient as the hair and scalp continue the healing process and subsequent growth and maturation.

1's - 2154
    2's - 6135
    3/4's - 879

Total Grafts - 9168

www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Very impressed with that strip. Nice and low at the back of the crown. Safe. Great stuff.

wow..looks really good for just 1 day post op!!!

excited to see his progress!

Wow, that's amazing that you were able to do so much in one surgery. A few questions come to mind.

-How much would such a large surgery cost?
    -How much donor supply does this patient have left for future strip and FUE procedures?
    -How many hours did this take and were there multiple surgeons involved?

Wow, 9168 grafts is a LOT. How much did such a large operation cost? Does this patient still have more donor supply for future procedures?? This will be a fun one to watch!

Hi Gandolf,

-How much would such a large surgery cost?

When it's all said and done, just over 30K.

-How much donor supply does this patient have left for future strip and FUE procedures?

Plenty. The amount taken as a max for any given patient is relative so most patients can have three or more surgeries. In his case, were we to max out a 2nd session, he may get 5000 or 6000. I'm guessing here because I did not work very closely with this particular patient.

-How many hours did this take and were there multiple surgeons involved?

About 16 hours and it was Dr. Hasson and his team.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

Wow that's a lot of money to pay but for someone who wanted to break this up into 2-3 procedures over the span of their life I guess that's reasonable.

So this patient had ~15k grafts of total donor supply? That makes me feel a lot better about my own situation. Was this guy just some type of genetic freak or can a lot of men expect to have that much?

5000 or 6000 more!!! Unreal. Any more pics of the Spanish patient who had over 8000 Joe? His result from the front looks amazing.

Gandolf,

A genetic freak? Not really but he is the exception and not the rule. "Many" men is relative but I think plenty of men might have this much donor hair via strip but they either don't care about their hair loss, don't realize that this can be done, had bad work somewhere else or just don't care about hair to begin with. Typically Spanish patients have unusually high donor density and laxity but we've found a few Italians like this patient too.

FDR,

We're editing the Spanish patient's HD video and I'm putting his photos together. Look for it soon.
    www.HassonandWong.com

Thanks so much Joe. I reckon I will probably have good donor for the future should I go for it. Well I have a pretty large enough noggin I reckon, not disproportionate, but what I mean is I could probably get a long strip but then I'd prob have more real estate to cover. If I had a strip that extended as far around the head as this lad it would probably be about 35cm. Great to hear such big numbers are available for some. What you're showing us these days numbers wise is confirming what I had thought for so long. What I'm seeing now makes sense compared with what the number crunching from the defined universal donor area gives. Great stuff.