+ Reply to Thread

Default Whats the worst case scenario for getting a hair transplant???

Hello everyone, I would just like people (who actually know what they're talking about) to tell me what is the worst case scenario when you have a transplant (results wise) i mean obviously a rare error or mistake or unfortunate reaction like shock loss i would say dont count as they are not usual outcomes....

what I would like know is if i go complete norwood 6 what are my odds on restoring my hairline properly so it looks good again/unnoticeable does it really vary much from person to person or is everyone with a lot of money to blow and a good surgeon guaranteed to have them look like they have a full head of hair again? sorry for the long post but please respond anyone and everyone, enlighten me.

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    Hello everyone, I would just like people (who actually know what they're talking about) to tell me what is the worst case scenario when you have a transplant (results wise) i mean obviously a rare error or mistake or unfortunate reaction like shock loss i would say dont count as they are not usual outcomes
    That's kind of contradictory, as non-usual outcomes typically are worst case scenarios, and they can't be discounted or ignored just because they're not the norm.

while i appreciate a response, you did not address the question, rather the fault with the question itself. Basically i would like to know how much i can rely on a hair transplant restoring my head of hair enough so it doesn't look affected by mpb.

This depends on how much you have lost, how much you can save with medications. how much donar density you have, whether you experience shock loss or not and whether the grafts start growing hair or not.

Example of bad: You have lost a lot of hair, medications cannot arrest the loss, and your donar density is poor. You suffer shock loss and your grafts don't grow hair, In this scenario, you will not be able to erase the evidence of MPB. In fact you would likely be worse off than before surgery.

Example of good: You haven't lost too much hair and you can arrest the loss with medications as well as grow some hair back with medications. Your donar density is excellent, you didn't suffer shock loss and your grafts grow like weeds. In this scenario, you would be able to erase most or all evidence of MPB.

The moral of the story? Take your time. Try to arrest the loss with medications for a reasonable period of time before commiting to surgery. If you can arrest the loss and possibly grow some back, consider surgery but choose your surgeon wisely.