+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Need New source of 15% Minoxidil-former Dr. Lee Patient

Hey Spencer and Guys,
    I was a patient of Dr. Lee from Regrowth for 13 years. I was on 15% minox twice daily and avodart. I have been able to maintain but not gain a fairly full head of hair since I first began to thin at age 19. That was almost 18 years ago! So I guess it worked fairly well. People still don't notice my hair is not as thick.
    Anyway Dr Lee is retired and I need a new source of 15% minox preferably with finasteride in the solution. I have always been as aggressive as possible with my treatment.
    Any advice would be great!
    Thanks so much guys!

You are better off sticking with 5% Rogaine foam and/or regular generic 5% Minoxidil.

Smile

Hey thanks. Why is 5% percent better? Thanks so much for your reply.

Hello,

The thing is, those high percentage formulas are not any more effective than the 5% formula's you can buy at your local pharmacy. In fact some of those blends had the possibility of doing more harm than good. That is why the FDA shut them down. Increasing the percentage does not make the medication more effective - but it does increase your chances of experiencing negative side effects. Stick with Rogaine foam or generic 5% liquid Minoxidil from your local pharmacy.

Take care,

Tracy

Yes it's true. I have used 10 % minoxidil mostly on my hairline , temples and vertex for 5 months on prescription from a doctor. On noticing my hairline getting thinner, I stopped usage after 5 months. My right temple is worse than when I first started and many parts of my hairline are still not growing hair.
    The temple loss is making me crazy as it gives a wiggy appearance (thick hair on top and thinning and receeding temple angle)
    I am not sure when this phase will end and thick hair will start growing out atleast in the areas lost from Minox 10% use

Hey thanks Tracy,
    I appreciate it. Spencer do you have an opinion on 15% vs 5%?
    I have been on the hard stuff for a long time but have noticed no hair growth but I guess I have kept most of my existing hair.

I am running out of minox so I need to make a decision soon.
    thanks so much!

I see we are on the same boat. I was experimenting with 10-15% minoxidil for 13 months and although I regrew some hairs, my hairline is now in the worst state ever. It's been nearly 4 months since I quitted this stuff, but the density of my hair on treated places has got even markedly worse. I think that the shocked, overstimulated hairs need to "reset" now. At least I do hope, because there are no signs that my usual 5% concentration stopped working elsewhere.

These concentrations are too strong for me, but at the same time, they work better than 5%. I don't understand, where you took the claim that 15% minoxidil doesn't work better. A garbage theory spread by certain "wise guys" from internet forums, I suppose?

But I would like to warn you that going from 15% to 5% may not be without problems. I was using only 10% minox every other day during the last months, and as you can see, I experienced a sudden shedding after stopping its use.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    I don't understand, where you took the claim that 15% minoxidil doesn't work better. A garbage theory spread by certain "wise guys" from internet forums, I suppose?
    Nope it's true. When Upjohn was in clinical trials they learned that increasing the dose does not increase the efficacy - but it does increase the chances of experiencing the possible negative side effects of the drug. This increase is unacceptable for safety reasons. This is why the FDA shut down those providers who were selling high percentage blends of Minoxidil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Nope it's true. When Upjohn was in clinical trials they learned that increasing the dose does not increase the efficacy - but it does increase the chances of experiencing the possible negative side effects of the drug. This increase is unacceptable for safety reasons. This is why the FDA shut down those providers who were selling high percentage blends of Minoxidil.
    The clinical trials showed that 5% minoxidil regrew 45% more hair than 2% minoxidil. Where is any study on 15% minoxidil? I myself regrew hair on 15% ******* Plus - the only time I actually regrew some thick hair on minoxidil! Guys, where you take such a crap?! You are a bunch of theoreticians quoting crappy studies that you didn't read properly or didn't read at all!

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    The clinical trials showed that...
    Upjohn did more studies than just this one.