+ Reply to Thread

Default My "cutting edge" regimen?

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I'll remove this thread from this block because I know it doesn't belong here, but it's just that I'm going to go on a regimen that's based on the cutting edge new natural treatments that we're discovering by ourselves.

Hair type: Black, very thick.

Loss: Noticed hair loss on the temples in 2010. Then in late 2011, I shed an abnormal amount of hair. Early 2012, I noticed hair loss more on the sides and in density up front but didn't shed. Now I'm not shedding at all and itching that had begun early 2012 stopped completely. I'm growing little hairs (pretty thick and long, not very peach fuzzy) along my hairline.

Cause: My parents were going to get divorced in early 2012 + first job internship, so the stress might be a big cause of hair loss recently.

Regimen that I'm proposing myself:
    Toco-8 (3 times a week)
    Black tea extract (3 times a week)
    Resveratrol (3 times a week)

I had ordered and received the Rogaine Foam but I backed out when reading all those horror stories of people shedding and not stopping to shed. I don't want my whole hair to depend on Minoxidil, and as for Propecia, I just can't go with the 1% chance of side effects. So I've decided to NOT go with the medicine that's currently on the market.

So I ask you, is my regimen enough and safe? Will my hair depend on it? (for example, stop growing and shed a lot if I stop the regimen?)
    I'm scared of Toco-8, as many of you state that it increases testosterone levels (DHT too)... I freak out reading that, how is it that it's considered natural a hair loss treatment then? Same goes for Black tea extract.

Please can someone give me information or guidance?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    The only proven treatments for hereditary hair loss in males are Propecia and Rogaine. If you are unwilling or unable to use proven treatments, you need to learn how to come to terms with accepting that you will loose your hair - and live your life to the fullest anyways.

all of your supplements would be great if you were using them in addition to finasteride or some other androgen blocker....on their own they're just too weak

Simply put, the options you have are limited and each one has drawbacks and risks.

Tea or whatever is not going to stop you losing your hair.

Your regime will only be "cutting edge" when it's proven to work. There are a few things that are proven to work, but it's up to you whether you can deal with the drawbacks: finasteride, minoxidil, etc.

I'm saying this as someone who suffered side effects on finasteride. It's the reality of this situation right now unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    Regimen that I'm proposing myself:
    Toco-8 (3 times a week)
    Black tea extract (3 times a week)
    Resveratrol (3 times a week)

I'm scared of Toco-8, as many of you state that it increases testosterone levels (DHT too)... I freak out reading that, how is it that it's considered natural a hair loss treatment then? Same goes for Black tea extract.

Thanks in advance!
    Bump those to every day for it to make any difference, if it even will.

Vitamin E is a natural booster for testosterone. Its effect as a hair loss prevention-helper comes more from what it does to vascular health and skin health. While it boosts T, its not going to boost it by so much that you have this incredible amount of T floating around "extra".

Black Tea has 5AR inhibition properties, which by virtue of blocking 5AR (which binds to Testosterone and converts it to DHT) you are automatically going to to create more 'free T'. So while total T won't go anywhere, your free T will go up because some is not being converted to DHT and others.

The colleagues are unfortunately correct.

However, since I, like you, am averse to minox and finasteride -regardless of their efficacy- I would suggest you going with whatever "natural" regime you want and see how it works for you.

Hell, if you don't shed, it might just be good for a placebo effect. You will be the judge of that. So go on that stuff to the point where it's financially feasible for you. If you don't see results after 8-12 months, you can safely drop the products and never go back to them again.

One proven thing you can do though, get 2% ketoconazole shampoo and wash your hair with it alternating with a regular anti-dandruff shampoo. Whilst it won't grow miracles on your head, it'll keep your scalp in tip-top shape and even increase the benefits of any other supplements that may be working.

I don't think any of those would help with MPB.