+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Inactive

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nh 610 a View Post
    I don't consider it vanity at all
    Nor should you. Wanting to look good is ordinary human nature, not vanity. It's only vanity when you become obsessively wrapped up in your looks.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I find myself being really open about my intentions to get surgery, and then I wonder whether I should be. I just can't think of a reason why not! If someone is going to judge me they're not worth a second thought anyway.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Default My concerns would be --

much more focused on the possible side effects of a HT.
    Shock loss as well as the donor area scarring effect that could go terribly wrong for some of us.
    Being that I am approx at a N4, I wouldn't try to cover much of the Frontal/Temporal areas. More-so Id want the doc to focus in mostly on the Vertex area and the spot towards the back. A natural look that is mature.
    Lets see what happens at the end of this month with Replicel's findings. Id like to think that they can provide us a % of hair growth and regeneration.
    Last edited by Artista; 04-10-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: grammar

Society greated a false perception of what a man ought to be, tough, strong, firm, the hunter, bread winner etc

Even if Replicel have amazing results, my understanding is it wouldn't be on the market for a fair few years. 3-4 would be optimistic. I don't think I can wait that long.

Quote Originally Posted by nh 610 a View Post
    I don't consider it vanity at all I don't want to be better looking or more attractive to the fairer sex I simply want get my confidence back to get to point where I don't care about my appearance . If that makes sense .
    That's what it's all about -one's satisfaction with their appearance and not to impress women or any one else. I do believe when you're happy with your looks you feel a lot better about everything else. A WHOLE LOT BETTER. It does affect your whole attitude in general. When you have doubts about your looks your self esteem and confidence go down the drain and every aspect of your life is affected. Like they say, when you look good you feel good. It's soooooooooo true. Some people apparently dont give a damn about how they look or what people think of them. In a way they're really lucky that they feel that way.

Inactive

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    That's what it's all about -one's satisfaction with their appearance and not to impress women or any one else.
    Even if you're concerned about how you look because you want to appeal to women, that doesn't make you vain; it makes you human. Acting like you're God's gift to women because you're so handsome is vain.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Default Maybe/maybe not Chrisis

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Even if Replicel have amazing results, my understanding is it wouldn't be on the market for a fair few years. 3-4 would be optimistic. I don't think I can wait that long.
    Its all speculative. You cant say for a fact that optimistically, Replicel would be marketable in 3-4 years at best. No one knows my friend. I really don't see it being that 'long' away. Even if it were in 4 years, you'd have no choice but to wait. Anyways- 4 years is a drop in the bucket for you youngsters. Be calm,,await the end of this month before you begin to self deprecate. We are going to be OK...sooner or later.

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I know three or four years can seem like an eternity, especially when you're young. But if there were truly a hair loss treatment on the horizon that had demonstrated "amazing" results, you'd be much better off waiting for it. No matter how you might feel right now, you're going to live a long time yet, and you don't want to end up kicking yourself for the rest of your life because you did something you'll regret out of impatience.

Accept the points but 4 years is a lot of time to wait and precious years at my age. I will be waiting for Replicel's results and base my decision on that. Even if I had a hair transplant, any new treatments can only be of benefit further down the line, such as to fill scarring or restore later loss.