+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

This guys skin went from yellow to white!

My question is why did the scalp color turn brownish from yellowish. When i look at the immediate post surgery photos, the density of grafts is not all that amazing in the crown. I know from evaluating the cross sectional trichometry (CST) of patients that thinning becomes apparent when the CST in the crown drops to below 50% of what is in the donor area. I also know that in the frontal area patients with coarse hair can appear full with when the CST drops to over 80% of the CST in the donor area when the hair is coarse. When the hair is fine, more modest disparities in the CST will produce the illusion of thinning or hair loss. When I look at the post surgery density, i don't see something that suggests the density of grafts is greater than 50% of the original density. Then when I magnify, i see the individual grafts, but they are less visible because the difference in skin tone and hair color are not as remarkable. Then i look at the background. I see yellow in the post surgery shot and blue in the pre-surgery shot. Then I look at the photos and I see a full head of hair. At that point I'm thinking, why is this guy back in after his 9000 graft procedure. I still stick by the warning that 9000 grafts is a dangerous number to shoot for in a single procedure because based on my experience this level is hit or miss in terms of growth. These are just questions I have, but the result looks good. Just for kicks, I used two different filters to look at the pre-op photos. One is the actual before and the other is with a darker filter. Iti's amazing what a filter can do to a result.

This is the darker color I see in the after skin in the recipient area now. Just questioning. However, I know that it is literally impossible to get a full appearance in any crown in a single session unless the preexisting hair was fairly full and there was no hair loss such as shock loss between the first procedure and a year later. One cannot get this sort of illusion of fullness in a single session in the crown on one pass in my experience regardless of how densely you pack the grafts. Then again, when high densities grow, you can get better results. Still, with high, high densities and larger quantities of grafts, the potential for full regrowth is less than optimal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	before_2_versions_same_photo.jpg

Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	21226