+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Talking "Mansome Movie" - Morgan Spurlock interviews Spex and Dr Feller for Male Grooming

Guys,

An interesting chain of events has lead me to announce here about an upcoming movie about male grooming called " Mansome " directed and produced by Morgan Spurlock ( Supersize me Movie )

I met with Morgan Spurlock one night in London several months ago for a few beers and we hit it off famously. We met through a mutual friend who had informed Morgan about my involvement with the hair loss and HT community along with my own journey and my role and double life in the industry as " Spex".

Morgan was keen to meet up a couple of times and find out more about this hidden epidemic of hair loss and the industry generally for his upcoming movie, Mansome. The movie is a documentary and involves several A list celebrities and their grooming habits along with a bunch of everyday guys and their own plights. Names involved that i know of and also had pleasure of meeting one of them are, Zach Galifianakis, Will Arnett, Paul Rudd, Jason Bateman, Morgan etc

Morgan was truly fascinated by HT's and mine in particular along with the lengths we hair loss suffers go to to stop, conceal and regrow our hair in order to regain our confidence, identity and self esteem and he found it pretty awesome that HT's could in fact look so natural after rummaging through mine on more than one occasion. I also hooked him up with a couple of other patients in London. He is known to the world as a harsh critic, yet he was genuinely blown away by the hair transplants disclosed to him.

Well only a few weeks ago Morgan called me up to discuss ' The Mansome Movie ' further as he wanted to try feature Hair transplants within it as he and his production team felt it appropriate for the movie alongside other relevant segments and suggested an entire piece could well be dedicated to HT's potentially if we were willing to help him.

Cut to now... I just returned back from a whistle stop mission to NYC - (i will not bore you with those details) where we filmed an entire day with his team up at Feller Medical and both Dr Feller and I were interviewed at great length for the segment.The day was great and a very long one in order to include everything. Along with interviews with us and with patients, Dr Feller was filmed at work performing surgery too on a UK patient.

We very much hope that some of the footage gets used in the movie as it would be awesome and will undoubtedly help educate and inform the masses via the silver screen regarding HT's accurately, once and for all.

Morgan and Spex after a few too many beers last month

The Mansome movie premiers at The Tribeca Film Festival mid April and Morgan has mentioned if we make the final cut we will get to meet all the stars involved which is really exiting!

Keep you all informed.
    Best
    SPEX
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Thumbs up

Awesome!.. Loved, Supersize me. Hopefully this will come to pass and garner some positive mainstream exposure.

I think you may need to start considering a Bald Truth Uk show Spex!

Cheers man - I will leave the radio show to the professionals.

Hey lets hope they include our footage as it would be great

Best
    SPEX

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Wow....Spex well done.

It was only a matter of time though until you and your spexhair website became famous outside the forums!

This is great great news man. Well done. I think Morgan Spurlock is a great movie maker and someone who can be trusted to honestly reprisent the HT scene in a documentary. It seems like he wants to portray the truth in docs which is more than can be said for most movie makers.

You'll be living the Hollywood lifestyle soon. Has Kim Kardashian asked you out on a date yet? : )

I hope Zach Galifianakis wasn't talking about hair loss because he has one of the most beautiful hairlines I have ever seen.

It's perfect. Hahaha.

Cheers guys - Love the pic of Alan!!!! He is a genius!

Fingers crossed - As i mentioned lets hope we make the final cut.

Regards
    SPEX

I'm seeing an Oscar already !! I reckon Spex will turn into a right Diva if he makes this movie.

Awesome

Hopefully the movie will give this topic more mainstream exposure and acceptance.

Cheers. Lets hope

Best
    SPEX

This is cool, good job. As already stated this can only serve to help the field overall because finally there is a credible HT doctor being interviewed. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to yell at the television when I see some no name or a hack that is being interviewed.

Fingers crossed on the editor not chopping too much of Dr. Feller out. Dr. Hasson and I were recently interviewed on Global National for a nationwide newscast. Out of about 20 minutes of footage we both got about 4 seconds of air time, LOL! Good luck and next time I'm in London I'm tracking you down for that beer that we've talked about. I might even try to make the big meet up next month if I'm welcome.

Cheers!
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com