+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

What programme was that ejj?

no worries Chrisdav as its `you` who is asking ...

it was Louis Theroux = ` under the knife ` BBC 2 shown on the 26/06/2007

Catergory Factual and Arts TV

ejj

Spex the phrase “too many does” not single out anyone. It means exactly that too many bad guys and not enough goods guys. I want to see more written and seen about the slimy under belly of this industry including how many of these forums operate. These young guys come here and eat this shit up because they don’t know any better. Let’s talk about that and we can include the doctors out there that feel its okay to sue their patients because they don’t like what they have to say. These doctors either did crap work or they didn’t fully inform the patient on what exactly to expect covering all the bases. That’s what happens when they try too hard to sell the procedure.

The money grubbing scumbags in this industry know who they are I don’t need to point them out. I know many in the industry do not like what I have to say and would like to paint a happy face but that is not be completely truthful.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Spex the phrase “too many does” not single out anyone. It means exactly that too many bad guys and not enough goods guys. I want to see more written and seen about the slimy under belly of this industry including how many of these forums operate. These young guys come here and eat this shit up because they don’t know any better. Let’s talk about that and we can include the doctors out there that feel its okay to sue their patients because they don’t like what they have to say. These doctors either did crap work or they didn’t fully inform the patient on what exactly to expect covering all the bases. That’s what happens when they try too hard to sell the procedure.

The money grubbing scumbags in this industry know who they are I don’t need to point them out. I know many in the industry do not like what I have to say and would like to paint a happy face but that is not be completely truthful.
    Topcat - Any genuine Hairloss sufferer would understand how you must feel. You have my respect and I wish you the best. However, I feel compelled to have Spex's back here. The guy has taken time out to help me and several other guys at NO benefit to himself on numerous occasions. Granted, there may be few "good" guys, but he's one of them.! Also, the guy is taking proactive moves to get his message out there in a positive fashion. There is no reason why you could not do likewise. I for one would be interested in seeing an expose on the industry, I just think Morgan Spurlock is addressing the subject from a wider viewpoint.

Thanks EJ.

Spex everyone knows you are one of the few good guys.

I looked up Mansome and it looks to be a funny cast. The hangover guy, say no more!

I hope you guys don't sabotage this thread with your playground BS, like we see so many times.

No one is questioning Spex. Read his book and all his posts. He has done more for the industry than most and helped 1000's in the process. Myself included.

Keep up the great work Spex.

Guys - please do not let this topic degenerate into a BS saga. I have stated what the movie is about and the fact how we got involved and the fact we might not even be in it. Everyone take a chill pill.

It's a comedy look at male grooming ...

S
    Last edited by Spex; 04-06-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

anytime chrisdav , you should check it out on player well worth a watch , i thought Mr Theroux and Mr Spurlock were similar ! didnt really get it was a comedy angle, as to be honest I havnt heard of any of the names in the cast !

I think if Men were more open about having a Transplant it would make it more socially acceptable, then a good open ` fly on the wall ` documentary would go down well with the public , we dont talk about hair transplants socially , I certainly dont, and want it to be a secret really , whereas women get there ` cans ` done and tell everyone, its a strange one , I had a female freind lift her top up and say " what do you think of these" ... can you imagine us doing the same ? doesnt happen ! so i hope the film helps in any way it can

happy easter everyone !

ejj

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Guys - please do not let this topic degenerate into a BS saga. I have stated what the movie is about and the fact how we got involved and the fact we might not even be in it. Everyone take a chill pill.

It's a comedy look at male grooming ...

S
    Lol!.. I'm off to have mine now guys!,

peace

I never wrote Spex was a money grubbing scumbag nor do I feel I insinuated it in anyway. As far as I know Spex seems to be an honest person. I was specifically referring to the industry.

There is also absolutely nothing wrong with putting out a positive message. I was not trying to take away or redirect his thread but you need to understand the negative in order to fully appreciate the positive. One must see both sides of the coin.

I can sit here and heap constant praise on a clinic but for the most part I do not do that because I’m more interested in trying to prevent the bad and it has been that way for the last 14 years.

This is who I am and I think it’s important. I speak out much more against many other industries and one of them at the top is the health and fitness industry. It is completely corrupt from top to bottom with everyone feeding off of everyone else and the common person paying the price. It’s important to understand all of this and pass the message on to others. That is all I am doing here.

I have read some of these recent news articles mentioning specific doctors and I think to myself sure it's a positive message but it's a complete load of horse shit but the average person would not know it. I just wouldn't want to see a segment in a movie glamourizing an industry that has a lot to hide.

I hear what you are saying Topcat but possibly educating patients about the actual GOOD clinics and good people out there and educating them as I try to do might be a better angle to take and enable all your energy to be much better spent. The industry is slimy evil place, i know. I fell at the hands of it. That's why educating more constructively your words in my opinion will carry more weight and help more people believe it or not rather than trying to indirectly get at certain people. I just try to educate and inform patients on actual Hair transplants, not the BS politics.

I know you mean well and believe you me i would love to expose this ruthless industry and all the hacks along with all the bastards and the unbelievable outrageous stuff i know of too. I have been around 12+ years and met, helped and counselled 1000's, i know a few things too i wish i didnt, trust me. Who knows maybe one day there will be an opportunity. If im presented with one i will give you a call.

Best
    SPEX
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.