+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default BHR Clinic - Belgium

Hi

Does anyone have any useful feedback on Dr Bisanga of BHR in Belgium? He has not yet applied to the IAHRS, but I have heard Spencer speak about him in a positive light. My research indicates positive reviews but I'd be curious to see if anyone has any thoughts.

Smile

Hey there,

I am scheduled to have surgery with Bisanga in June of 2012.... If your looking to have FUE done i think he's either one of or they best at the technique. I spent a long time look at all the top FUE surgeons Rahal, Feller and Shapiro and concluded based on his results that he was the most capable and had the best approach.

Here's why.

1/. Uses the smallest punches - .75 and .8mm - everybody else is .8-.9 and up.

2/. Uses a manual punch - All the other docs use power tools which are more susceptible to damaging the grafts.

3/. Extracts evenly from your donor are - everybody else takes the graft from the sweet spot.

4/. He does all the extractions himself - Shapiro has a tech do it.

5/. He has better more consistent growth than any other FUE surgeon I have seen and he gives you a written guarantee that if less than 90% of the grafts grow he'll replace the grafts or refund your money - try getting that in writing from another clinic !!

6/. As far as I know he's the only FUE surgeon packing 70 grafts plus per sqcm and getting 90% growth.

Based on theses stats and facts I think he's best for FUE... But I guess I'll find out in June.

druginducedhairloss, I'm impressed by the extent you've researched before deciding. You deserve a good result.

Thanks for the info, gonna use it for my decision-making process.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by druginducedhairloss View Post
    Hey there,

I am scheduled to have surgery with Bisanga in June of 2012.... If your looking to have FUE done i think he's either one of or they best at the technique. I spent a long time look at all the top FUE surgeons Rahal, Feller and Shapiro and concluded based on his results that he was the most capable and had the best approach.

Here's why.

1/. Uses the smallest punches - .75 and .8mm - everybody else is .8-.9 and up.

2/. Uses a manual punch - All the other docs use power tools which are more susceptible to damaging the grafts.

3/. Extracts evenly from your donor are - everybody else takes the graft from the sweet spot.

4/. He does all the extractions himself - Shapiro has a tech do it.

5/. He has better more consistent growth than any other FUE surgeon I have seen and he gives you a written guarantee that if less than 90% of the grafts grow he'll replace the grafts or refund your money - try getting that in writing from another clinic !!

6/. As far as I know he's the only FUE surgeon packing 70 grafts plus per sqcm and getting 90% growth.

Based on theses stats and facts I think he's best for FUE... But I guess I'll find out in June.
    Thanks for taking the time to comment. Again, I hear nothing but good things about this doctor. I wish you the very best for your surgery and I would be very interested to see how you get on, so please post in the future. May I ask what sort of age you are and what current state of loss you have? also, are you using meds to address further loss?

Great input on those docs..... I am also looking into using either Rahal, Shapiro, or Cole. I think if you choose either of the doctors mentioned in this thread, Your going to be happy. I just wish Dr B. was a little closer. He has fantastic results and reviews. I will be traveling regardless but over seas is a bit much. I do believe Dr Rahal guarentees that all grafts will grow or he will replace them free of charge. I don't know what Dr Shapiro offers. Regardless, How the hell are you going to be able to say 25 grafts didn't take when you had 1000 put in? It's almost imposible to prove to be honest unless an entire area that was treated is very thin.

Love all those details...... just added a few more questions to my interviews!

northeastguy, where are you from? north east england or? Great to see other people researching carefully.

Hey Chrisis, I am from New England.... USA

You have to research the hell out of it. Once I make my decision, I want to have complete piece of mind with the Md I choose. Like I said, I think if you or I choose any of the 4 guys mentioned in this thread we'd be very happy with the outcome. However, one of them may make you feel more comfortable or treat you less like a number and that's enough to put him over the top. Does he rush you when your on the phone? Does he even call you to answer your questions rather than go through a sales Rep? Does he answer your questions honestly and in detail? Is he honest about the ability to reach your goals?

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to comment. Again, I hear nothing but good things about this doctor. I wish you the very best for your surgery and I would be very interested to see how you get on, so please post in the future. May I ask what sort of age you are and what current state of loss you have? also, are you using meds to address further loss?
    I am an NW2 and I use propecia and minoxidil to hang on to what I have.... I will be 32 at the time of my surgery and will need about 2000-2300 grafts to repair my hairline and temples.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    Great input on those docs..... I am also looking into using either Rahal, Shapiro, or Cole. I think if you choose either of the doctors mentioned in this thread, Your going to be happy. I just wish Dr B. was a little closer. He has fantastic results and reviews. I will be traveling regardless but over seas is a bit much. I do believe Dr Rahal guarentees that all grafts will grow or he will replace them free of charge. I don't know what Dr Shapiro offers. Regardless, How the hell are you going to be able to say 25 grafts didn't take when you had 1000 put in? It's almost imposible to prove to be honest unless an entire area that was treated is very thin.

Love all those details...... just added a few more questions to my interviews!
    Your missing the point of BHR's growth guarantee - If you have surgery with Rahal, Shapiro or Cole and you do 2K grafts and your surgery is a flop do you really want to roll the dice with that surgeon again and risk more of your donor? Or would you rather have the option to bow out and get your money back..... I know what I would want to do.

I completely get the point. First of all, I don't think with either of the 3 I mentioned you'd end up with a procedure that is a flop. 2nd, BHR's guarentee is used to put people at ease knowing that their work is solid and the grafts will grow. It's designed to give the patient piece of mind. And no.....nobody would be foolish enough to return to that Md.