+ Reply to Thread

Thread: unsure ?

Default unsure ?

Hi all ,
    I'm goin to give a short run down of my story im a 32 year old guy living in Ireland.
    For the past 12 month's my hairline has started to receed but I also have loss behind the hairline at the moment I have most of my hair by which I mean its only thinning only thinning he says I guess I wouldn't be here if it was only thinning.

Anyways I have a few questions is it possible to halt my hairline with meds given that it seems to me anyway most meds work on the crown ,
    If I was to have surgery how many grafts would someone need to solve my hairline woos how big of a strip would I need to use , I have fine straight hair .
    Could anyone comment on any of the clinics in Ireland there is one main one in Dublin that did James nesbitts hair which looks awesome .
    Does anyone know if any of the online UK pharmacies supply the republic of Ireland .
    Would appreciate the input of the community
    Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by nh 610 a View Post
    Anyways I have a few questions is it possible to halt my hairline with meds given that it seems to me anyway most meds work on the crown...
    The medications do not care where on your head the hair is thinning. Finasteride simply blocks the formation of DHT, the hormone that triggers hereditary hair loss. Minoxidil simply stimulates hair follicles that can still grow hair to grow hair.

Now with that said, different hair follicles are more sensitive to the damaging effects of DHT than others. For a male, the hair follicles at the very front, particularly the temples in caucasions, are genetically programmed to loose hair and develop a natural and normal adult mature male hair line. I am not convinced that anything short of castration can prevent a caucasion male from developing a mature male hair line. It is a male trait like a deeper voice, wider shoulders and bigger hands and feet.

This does explain why the meds generally work better on the vertex and mid-anterior for males while they work all over the head for females.

Thanks Tracy
    I'm not really trying to get my teenage hairline back just back to a nw 2 its the thin look behind the hairline that bothers me ,

If you are lacking density behind your hair line (that's the mid-anterior), Minoxidil and the laser comb can certainly help with that. Focus your application of Minoxidil on that area. If you are thinning in the vertex (crown) as well, also focus your application in that area too. Finasteride will help prevent it from getting thinner - but again, you need to talk to a doctor about Finasteride.