+ Reply to Thread

Cool Hair Transplant nutrition post op! Here what I am doing!

With only a few days before my operation, actually on 2 ngihts sleep, I have put some things in place to help with the healing of my head.

Here is a list of things that I got over the weekend. Will it help? Who knows but I want to give my scalp the best chance to heal naturally.

1. Protein Shake

Well I didnt really buy this for the operation. I go to the gym normally so I would be taking this as normal.
    Benefit: Protein is in every muscle, bone, skin, hair, and virtually every other body part or tissue within your body. It is used basic building block of each of those listed above. So there fore it makes sense to continue to take this.

2. Fish Oil

Been taking this for a while and the benefits are huge. I will have to ask the doctor about this one as I read in the diet channel that is could be bad for you directly after operation due to blood clotting
    Benefits: Omega 3 fatty acids is essential for growth, development and functioning normally.

3. Spirulina

Probably thinking what the hell is that. Its an algae that contains protein, vitamins, minerals, Omega 6 Fatty acids, chlorophyll and other phytonutrients, that helps your body be the best it can be. Do not believe me read the following click here
    Benefit: Spirulina contains heaps of chlorophyll that can help grow and repair tissues, act as a powerful antioxidant, boost the immune system and help maintain healthy blood function.

4. Collagen Pro (tablets)

This I bought because the girl at the shop sold me on it. It basically helps the skin repair, or at least that is what she said.
    Benefit: collagen is a protein, it is made up of different amino acids that help with the building blocks of healing. "dont quote me on this, but she was pretty!"

A well balanced diet with a lot of water. I eat a lot of fish, vegetables and exercise regularly. I hope this helps with the healing (no exercise for the next two weeks or so)

Has anyone else out there considered post op nutrition? Would not mind hearing from you?

For those that want to follow my progress check out my profile page and go to my website. I will be filming (creating a doco) and documenting the whole procedue (the good, the bad, and hopefully the successful). Why am I doing it because I wish I hear the truth about what happens with a procedure, the emotions, the battling and hopefully the success.

Enjoy KD

My HT surgeon told me to use Biotin post op, it's like 'hair food' apparently. I take 2,000 micrograms per day. He was a big advocate of it !!

Biotin biotin biotin! take as a supliment and find a good conditioner with it. You can get it online or at most natural market stores. within a few weeks you'll notice your hair and nails growing faster and looking healthier.