+ Reply to Thread

Default Future decisions..

I'm currently 16 and i've always had somewhat a back hairline as i've seen it be present on my mothers side. I always had longer hair so I never really noticed it but when I got a buzz cut I realized how high my hairline was. I lost hair on both sides at the top and I can see a gap forming in my hairline. It's really a shame that I have such bad hair, because it's really thin too which doesn't help either, and a cow lick which makes it just really bad looking messy. I read on gizmodo or some site that scientists figured it out from this fat thing present in people with MPB which would be nice if the cure was soon. If not, I guess i'm just going to basically shave my head. It's annoying because there really isn't a good hairstyle I can have either because my bangs are super thin and go flying in the tiniest gust of wind and the cow lick makes it impossible to put it to the side. Thoughts? Also, I have two older brothers, one which basically went bald at 21, who has more of my dads side of the families genes, another which is 21 now and looks more like me, more with my moms side of the families genes, who has similar hair like me but no signs of further balding. Both grandparents are bald, some uncles on dads side aren't, moms side all guys are bald. Any chance?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0156.jpg

Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	14256   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0157.jpg

Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	14257   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0158.jpg

Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	14258  

It don't even look that bad man. You have a high hairline but maybe try shaving it with a buzz cut like a 4 or 5 on top. It seems like you have enough hair ask ya doctor about propecia and maintain what you have until a better cure is found. Trust me people got worse hair than you.

You're definitely balding so you should start treating it ASAP.

The name of the game right now is to maintain as much hair as possible before those new "treatments" come to market as I'm sure it will work best on those who are not completely bald.

Here is something to make you feel better:

http://www.replicel.com --- fantastic results on mice. Phase 1 results of the human studies are due in the next few weeks.
    http://www.histogen.com --- already showed decent results on humans. Phase 2 is due in December of this year.
    http://www.aderansresearch.com/ --- supposedly they'll have it all figured out by 2014.
    http://follicabio.com/ ---- private company. We don't know anything.

Dude your young.

Just remember there is no real cure for balding out there yet. Just try and maintain the hair you have. Go see a doctor and see what they say.

You have a high hairline but that may be nature for you. A mate of mine has a high hair line and still has not lost his hair 10 years later. Only you will know how you were before.

Go be young. Go get girls. My advice for you, coming from experience, is that when I look at my hair now, it is much worse then when lets say 5 years ago. Now, I look at my hair and pics of five years ago I wish i had that hair. So, enjoy the now.

Hope that made sense.

If you want check out my website I am going through my own procedure.
    Its on my profile.

I can't believe you guys are advocating Propecia use to a 16 year old still in his puberty.
    His hormones are still wild. And his hair loss is still questionable. I have a friend with high hairline whom I have known for the last 2 years. His hair hasn't changed a bit in those 2 years. So thatstrangekid unfortunately you will know if you are balding through passsage of time.
    As for Propecia once you get out of puberty I recommend you to inform yourself about it, contact some doctors and then choose about taking it.

I know when you think or know that you are losing your hair it is a terrible experience. But stay strong. You are young, you have your life ahead of you and in 10 years time your options will expand drastically.

So carpe diem is my advice to you .

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    I can't believe you guys are advocating Propecia use to a 16 year old still in his puberty.
    I agree, it's totally unacceptable. By law he'd be unable to drink alcohol but here people are telling him to take a drug that has the potential to devastate his endocrine system when it's not even mature.