X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmonasco
    Inactive
    • Apr 2010

How a £30,000 hair transplant can still leave you going bald

Hair transplants have seen a surge in popularity, with high-profile names such as Wayne Rooney, James Nesbitt, Louis Walsh and singer Jason Donovan all revealing they have had the procedure.

But as Kyran Bracken was to discover, the treatment may not be the miracle cure for male baldness after all.

As Dancing On Ice's Kyran Bracken was to discover, the treatment may not be the miracle cure for male baldness after all.
  • VictimOfDHT
    • Apr 2011

The title isn't accurate. Obviously if you have an HT in one part of the head (say the front), that doesn't mean your hair loss is going to stop. We all know that. But I've never heard of a partial HT that cost 30,000 pounds. Did the guy actually spend that much? Well, even if you spend 100,000 pounds of your hairline, that isn't gonna stop you from going bald -in the rest of the head. I think this article is there just to fill some space. The only good thing about it is the quote about the % of men who report confidence problems because of their hair loss and the fact that a celebrity talks about his own experience (suffering) with hair loss. Many people just dont want to believe hair loss can be such a devastating thing to some men.

Comment

• rugger31
      • Apr 2011

It is a very poorly written article full of outdated and inaccurate information Such as wether Kyren Bracken is on propecia or not and almost implying that hair lost through shock would not grow back that which is not the case at all. I think everyone in out situation is aware you are not going to get back your 16 head of hair but if it looks better and gives us back some of our confidence back I am looking forward to having my procedure done.

Comment

• kd
        • Jan 2012

I agree. We all know HT are not the solution to hair loss. Its an interm solution. But the article is just media hype.

They just need something to write about

Comment

Working...