+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    Yea that would be great! But in his show with Rafael as guest, Spencer says he expects the cost to be a minimum of 20k atleast initally. Its not alot if its a permenant fix, but I was hoping for maybe a little. I guess I will have to start saving soon.

Yeah, I remember hearing that too. I think one could assume that much like a transplant, the larger the "job" (area / degree of loss, etc), the higher the price for surgery. Therefore, I would imagine a similar rule would apply to Replicel, Histogen, etc. By saving as much hair as possible prior to the new therapies, you are probably doing yourself a favour in terms of both price and quite likely effectiveness of new treatments. This is just my theory though!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I don't think he was serious about that. If you go back and re-listen to the program he states shortly after that he thinks it will cost about the same as a good hair transplant, which is not usually as high as 20k - which is also in line with what David Hall from Replicel said. Personally, I think the cost would likely depend on how much you need. For example the cost for someone like me who only needs more density should not be as high as it would be for a male who is a Norwood VI or a female who is a Ludwig III.

In any event, it is usually best to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. So save up as if it will be 20K. That way if it isn't, you have some extra money left over to go out and celebrate with after your treatment.
    Just read this post - I agree and hope this is the case also.

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    By saving as much hair as possible prior to the new therapies, you are probably doing yourself a favour in terms of both price and quite likely effectiveness of new treatments. This is just my theory though!
    I fully agree with this. I feel you are not just doing yourself a favor - but you could be doing yourself a very big favor if you are able to reverse some of your hair loss with the treatments that are currently available. Even if you can only recover a little bit of hair. A little bit of hair can make a big difference in how you look as well as make a difference in how much of these furture treatments you would need.