Threaded View

Default A word that annoys me 'Vanity'

I regularly read news articles online and most have the option to leave comments....

What really annoys me is when people write comments saying people should not be so vain when it comes to hairloss. Its obviously not just people commenting on this subject on certain websites, obviously a lot of people feel its vain to worry about hairloss and get hair transplants, take medications to try to cure it.

I bet these people have full heads of hair. I just feel its such an ignorant and unsympathetic response to what can be a debilitating disease.

If I had a magic wand and said to them FINE, YOU WILL START LOSING YOUR HAIR TOMORROW. Would they care. I am sure they would! If they were told at 16 years old they were going to start losing their hair they would not care? BOLLOX!!!!!

Everyone (well almost) cares about how they look and hairloss significantly changes the way you look and how others perceive you. Its not just the feelings you have about hairloss its the general negative perception of others. The bullying is exhausting enough as it is.

The word 'Vanity' and hairloss should not be used in the same sentence. People use it against you like its a negative thing.

Vanity is only a problem when people become overly arrogant about the way they look.