+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New breakthrough

Inactive

Exclamation

Hmmm......

Whether blocking the GPR44 receptor would allow the regrowth of hair after balding -- or just prevent balding in the first place -- remains an open question. It also remains to be seen whether inhibiting the receptor would have any effect in humans.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Hmmm......
    Sounds like you would have to keep applying this stuff regularly to stop your hair from falling out or to grow and keep hair. Would be ok if they had a tablet option but a topical would mean you would get your hair back but it would be covered in greasy crap all the time.

I wasn't able to read the entire article.. i'm at work and it blocks part of it..

Quick question, is this treatment ( if it's true ) only for existing follicles, or will it work on bald men.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Sounds like you would have to keep applying this stuff regularly to stop your hair from falling out or to grow and keep hair. Would be ok if they had a tablet option but a topical would mean you would get your hair back but it would be covered in greasy crap all the time.
    Sounds like a treatment using knowledge from these discoveries would have to be regular, yes. But it doesn't necessarily mean it'd have to be daily, or twice daily. Far too early to tell. Still, it's a very welcome breakthrough, and I hope it leads to creation of more (and better) treatments before too long.

Seems like the same old story. Nothing too exciting. Replicel excites me more than this.

If it works then great, but needs to be a topical that we don't have to use regularly....or hopefully they can treat this orally.

You know how much rubbish an baldness-article is by the amount of 'may' they use.

You read these kind of articles about 500 times a year. Don't hold your breath for it.

There are so many potential cures around at the moment that pretty much all claim to be available within 5 years......

Will any of them work...We can only hope. What annoys me is that if one of these treatments is significantly successful at getting our hair back and keeping it then it will be bitter sweet for me as I will probably into my 30's and ideally I needed it 10 years ago. I was born 10 years to frigging early!

So whats currently in progress to potentially cure as all in the near future:

Theres this thing reported in this thread.
    Theres some fat cell injection.
    Theres Replicel.
    Theres Histogen.

Sausage,

Being very insecure in my 20's because of bad acne I didn't get around to doing nearly as much as I'd liked. Now 32 and balding rapidly I'd still be enthusiastic about a cure for baldness as I believe someone in their 40's would be too. Still, if it comes around in 5 years I'll probably make a snide comment or two about it coming later than I'd liked.