+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Does fin really regrow recently lost hair?

I've heard that it's possible for finasteride to help you grow "recently lost" hair. So my question is, how recent does the hair loss have to be for there to be any chance of regrowth? I'm not expecting much regrowth if I get any at all, but since most of my loss is pretty recent (hairline receded about 1/4 cm within 6 months of starting fin) and not very extensive at all, do I have a decent chance of getting at least a little regrowth? I do see fine vellus hairs in the receded region where the normal hair used to be. Are any of those hairs likely to thicken up to become terminal hairs? I will be perfectly satisfied if the fin helps me hold on to my existing hair without regrowth, but I think a little regrowth would be pretty sweet.

I guess I should add that I'm also using minox, nizoral and biotin supplements in addition to the fin.

Thanks!

One more question: does the fact that I'm young mean my chances of regrowth are higher? I'm about a month shy of my 22nd birthday. I've heard younger=better in terms of regrowth chances. Can anyone attest to this?

Bumpity bump.

<.< >.> Anyone wanna answer?

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

You will get different answers from different people who have tried it. It usually stops hairloss either completely (my case) or slows it significantly down - I would guess for 90% on the entire head - hairline, mid scalp and crown (personal research - I am not a doctor).

For regrowth it is mainly in mid scalp and crown - there are only few cases maybe up to 20% that gets some regrowth in hairline. My guess is that between 40-50% gets some kind of regrowth in the crown (mine filled in from starting to thin and I do not have clear signs of thinning in my crown any longer).

My only worry for fin - is if it will stop working in 10 years, but then again - I would have had 10 years with good hair...

Forgot - I would personally not start FIN if I was 15-17 years old but around 18 I guess would be ok, in early 20'ies is a good start, you will have a good chance to keep what you have for your 30-40'ies.

The more recent your hair loss is - the better the chance of regrowth. My hairloss in the crown started some 2-3 years ago in August and I started FIN in January - after 6 months it had filled most of it in...

Quote Originally Posted by Still-Researching View Post
    My only worry for fin - is if it will stop working in 10 years, but then again - I would have had 10 years with good hair...
    I have been told by someone on here that works in the industry that Fin does not stop working. It works for as long as you take it.

Thanks - I hope you are/he is right

It can most definitely regrow hair - this has been proven countless times. I regrew hair and stabilised my loss via taking it. I have been on the med
    12+ years now with only positive things to report. How long the meds hold me tight are in the hands of the gods!!

Pics of me pre meds/post meds

How long the drug keeps working varies from patient to patient as we are all different. I know many guys who either become tolerant to it or their DHT level
    become too aggressive and the meds cease to benefit them over time. We are all different. The sooner you catch MPB the better in my opinion.

Hair loss is progressive. Get proactive!

The Primary objective of Finasteride is to - STOP the LOSS. Remember without appropriate treatments your hair loss WILL progress. This is a FACT!

However see how this guy called benefitted from Finasteride alone too :

Best
    Spex
    Last edited by Spex; 03-23-2012 at 03:15 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Who told you that Sausage?

As they are wrong.

You don't need keep their name a secret if they work in this industry.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
    Who told you that Sausage?

As they are wrong.

You don't need keep their name a secret if they work in this industry.
    I think I know who said it but don't want to name anyone as I cannot 100&#37; confirm this as I want to find the post 1st.. Someone definately said it, I just can't be certain of who it was. I'll keep searching.