+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tracy you always have such wise posts. Perhaps you are right, maybe I am allergic to the active ingredient. Perhaps I even fall into a 'unlucky' category where it seems that whatever can go wrong will go wrong. I'm just really frustrated that I will have to stop taking it.

I'm glad the minoxidil isn't aging you like it seems to be doing to some others. If you look ten to fifteen years younger than your age and you've been on minoxidil for four years it kinda shoots down that collagen depletion talk I keep hearing all over the place.

Well I still have a good head of hair so I have time to think of the right regimen. I'll be lurking around the forums more often now.

People used to always tell me I looked at least 7 or more years younger than my age despite the fact that I had been using Minox for many years. Now some people still think I look a bit younger than my age although I have way more gray hairs (thanks to the unhappiness in my life and many difficult circumstances, and yeah, the HUGE STRESS that HAIR LOSS has caused ).

It seems like there are people out there who have nothing better to do but find something wrong with this product or that.
    So Minox makes you look older !! And baldness doesn't ??? I prefer to look 20 years older than my age WITH HAIR, than to look 20 years younger without hair. But is it even possible to look younger than your age when you're bald/ing ???
    If they made Minox juice I'd drink too.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    It seems like there are people out there who have nothing better to do but find something wrong with this product or that.
    So Minox makes you look older !! And baldness doesn't ??? I prefer to look 20 years older than my age WITH HAIR, than to look 20 years younger without hair. But is it even possible to look younger than your age when you're bald/ing ???
    If they made Minox juice I'd drink too.
    Ahh, a mental midget has arrived. How nice.

I wouldn't be here posting this if minoxidil didn't have a negative effect on me. (DURRRRR)

If you have no side effects from minoxidil that's good for you. I hope it allows you to keep your hair with no side effects. Obviously some people have side effects and some people do not.

Just this week I've noticed very faint rings under my eyes, itching eyelids, swelling of the ears, fine wrinkles around the hairline area where I've been applying minoxidil for the past month, also since I'm a side sleeper on my pillow I've noticed some fine wrinkles in the morning when I wake up. Maybe the minoxidil that has rubbed off on the pillow from my hair has been getting in contact with my skin and taking out the collagen (just a theory). I've also heard that minoxidil enters your system through your scalp so that is how a lot of these side effects occur (including accelerated aging). I've been noticing shoulder pain/chest pain for the past week as well.. whether that is from minoxidil or not I do not know. Fact is I've noticed a difference, my friends say I look more 'tired and exhausted' when in fact nothing has changed in my life except for recently adding minoxidil to my regimen.

I'm 24 but a lot of people I first meet think that I'm much younger. I literally have a nw1.5/nw2 hairline and I have no visible wrinkles on my face. I've never had an allergic reaction to anything in the past and it's funny how my allergic reactions are strikingly similar to the side effects that others report.

I'm gonna bottom line this so I can throw away the other four bottles I have and wash this crap out of my bed sheets with a powerful detergent.. I won't be using minoxidil and I won't be recommending it to anyone else either. However I'm not going to parade around this forum talking about the negative side effects it's had on me like some other members do with finasteride. It'll stay on this thread. Please no more ridiculous comments like the one above from mental midget.

z26guy, don't sweat and I'm sure your not. Some people just have a problem with too much information for whatever reason. Your post will help someone along the way as they make the connection to what is happening to them and this medication. Will it happen to everyone of course not but it's always good to have as much information as possible.

That's very true topcat.

I'm not against minoxidil at all. If it wasn't for my adverse reaction to it I'd still be taking it. I encourage anyone to try it to see if it works for them without side effects. If you experience side effects just stop using it.

Quote Originally Posted by z06guy View Post
    I literally have a nw1.5/nw2 hairline...
    If you are a NW2 or less, you do not need to be using Minoxidil anyways. Minoxidil is not appropriate for a male who is only a NW2. Minoxidil does have possible side effects, but your description sounds more like an allergic reaction than side effects. If you haven't already stopped using it, you should stop. You don't need it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I think it's time I take out the rights for the domain Minoxidilhelp.com
    Oh my. Does that mean you are going to become a Minoxidil scare monger? There is already more than enough false information available on the internet about Minoxidil. There is no need to add more. Yes, there are possible side effects - and they are well known. Those possible side effects are generally mild and well tolerated. Most people who use the medication do not experience the possible side effects. Some people are allerigic to either the active or inactive ingredients. Most people are not.

I have just bought some Regaine foam, woop woop, lets see if this stuff really works.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    ... lets see if this stuff really works.
    Some words of advice... Run you hand under cold water to avoid the medicine melting in your hand before you can apply it to your scalp. Make sure to massage the medicine into your scalp and not into your hair. Focus your application of the medicine on your vertex and mid-anterior areas. You can dry the medicine off your fingers at your hair line if you want to. Then wash your hands.

Start slow and work your way up to the full twice per day dose. Use it only once per day every other day for two or three weeks. Then use it once per day every day for another two or three weeks. Then use it twice per day every day. After four to six months of using it twice per day every day, you should start seeing small peach fuzz hairs starting to grow. After about a full year of using it twice per day, those small peach fuzz hairs start looking like normal hairs. It takes time but if you stick with it, it should work. It worked great for me.

ZD something as simple as a small change in the formulation can cause devastating effects. Case in point I was using minoxidil about 30 years ago. Yes that’s right before it was approved like only a handful of others. I never experienced a problem. My experience has also included Xadrox 12.5% when it was first formulated and then I believe it went to 15% no problems. I used Peter Proctor’s formulation back in the 80’s no problem. But with Rogaine foam it was a complete horror show as the effect on my face was immediate and thankfully it went away shortly after stopping. I no longer use topicals as my experience is they are a waste of time and money but that is just my opinion.

I also suggest anyone looking for advice to ask the person giving it about their own experience along with their age and how long they have followed this industry as it means something.