X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burtandernie
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by tedwuji
    agreed
    I mean there is always a chance something like propecia works well combined with something new so you might want both. If you read other threads there are atleast 4 or 5 things that are 2 or 3 years away. Seti, SM, CB, and bim are all only a couple years away. Odds are one of them or more will make it. If history perfectly predicted the future I would be a very rich man in the stock market. Just because in the past 20 years nothing new has shown up does not mean your automatically right nothing new in the next 5.

Comment

• tedwuji
      • Jun 2014

Maybe, maybe not...
      We can't bank on conjecture.

For now, ill hold onto my Finasteride.

Comment

• topt
        • Aug 2015

I was just reading this study; I am guessing there is no report what happened with people who experienced sides after they stopped ?
        I mean the problem are not the sides on the drug, the problem is do they go away.

Comment

• topt
          • Aug 2015

double post

Comment

• jeffdavidson
            • Nov 2018

Good

Wow, this study is amazing... I have alopecia for three years now. I try to fight it every day. Got some college papers essaybison.com that cover the topic of Alopecia. I learned how to fight it though. I used Rogaine for some time, but then switched to Kirkland and the results kicked in pretty fast. I will try and find some photos of before and after to show you.

Comment

• bendbutties
              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by the_charger
              man this study is really good news for me.. I have a good chance to keep my hair into my 30s! I seriously love this stuff happy glass online.

Well 6% is higher than Merck said but the only problem I see is that there isnt a control group, its just a bunch of guys who took propecia. How do they know if all these side effects were caused by propecia and not from other reasons? I think they subtract the control group from the test group to get the true side effect rates. from many of the studies I looked at the placebo groups usually had 3 or 4% sexual side effect rates, which is in line with what Merck claims. that rules out any psychological side effects.

But even in any group of guys 6% seems low. Thats combined for all of the side effects also? Maybe 4% had testicle ache, 1% erectile problems, 1% libido problems? Maybe some had headaches or runny noses? If they report anything do they consider that a side effect?
              That's the problem with these studies. Either they're not conducted very thoroughly or the reporting is done poorly. Too much trust is placed in them when we don't really know how accurate they are. Even if a study has a small error the methodology or accuracy of interpretation, it can translate to gross mistakes in the conclusions about likelihood of side effects.

Comment

• Hairicane
                • Apr 2019

It bothers me that so many men in the Propecia group dropped out. They started with over 500 but nearly half had quit five years later. To me that says either that they had side effects, or that the treatment was ineffective. If taking finasteride was working for them why'd they quit?

Comment

Working...