+ Reply to Thread

Default 16 and balding!!!~~~ help me!

I always had fine asian hair my whole life but when I got to around 13 years old my hair started to get thinner and thinner and started to fall out! Right now i'm 16 years old and i'm so embarrassed when I'm walking around school. I get so self conscience whenever somebody is behind me because I know they're starring at my bald spot . People even randombly yell out.." HEY YOU KNOW YOU'RE BALDING?!!?"..

I cant go swimming because my hair is so thin and getting it wet would just expose my scalp even more. I hate my hair and I'm way to young to be going through this! I'm only 16!! My hair loss is preventing me from living the best years of my life!!

Since i'm still young there has to be a way to reverse this right?? Please any help would be appreciated... I want to be able to have high self esteem again

Hey

Sorry to hear about your hair loss. Rest assured you are not alone.

The first thing to do is see your doctor. He may prescribe you with Propecia, which has a high chance of stopping and even regrowing your hair. It is generally prescribed to those over 18 but in your case the doctor may make an exception.

I can imagine it must be tough, but hang in there. Talk to your parents and be open about how you are feeling. Be open to everyone about it. Thats the best way to deal with it.

does this propecia stuff really work?

Hey Shaun,

Hang in there man! First off, unless your doc tells you absolutely no, then get on Propecia - yes, it helps the large majority of men keep the hair they have, and it helps a good percentage re-grow hair and thicken the hair they have.

In the meantime, you can go two ways - buzz your head (only you know how you would fell about the shaved look) or check out Toppik -- it's a completely harmless (non-toxic) hair fiber product that you simply shake on your head and you'd be incredibly surprised at how it will thicken your hair (completely covering the thin areas) and how undetectable it is -- I've used it for years because I have diffuse thinning. It's not very effective at replicating a frontal hair line if your hair is short, but it's incredibly effective for a thin, diffuse hair situation. And if you use it and love it like I did, let me know if you need a great line to give someone in the off-chance they do notice it -- it's foolproof!

Don't let yourself get down in the dumps Shaun - you'll be fine!! And keep checking in on this site, the people here are the best at supporting and coming up with reliable info and great ideas!

Best,
    Michael

You guys thanks so much for the advice! I will deffinitely ask my doctor about propecia and check out that toppik product.