Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jgold
    • Feb 2012

FDA RE-TESTING PROPECIA due to complaints

I don't know if you guys are aware of this or not, but I just wanted to put it out there.

• ryan555
    • Oct 2010

To be clear, they are reviewing the data, not re-testing the product.

Comment

• WashedOut
      • Dec 2011

Good thing if you ask me hopefully it will give us a more definitive understanding of the drug and likelihood of side effects.

Comment

• skipstah70
        • Dec 2008

About ****ing time.

Comment

• chrisis
          • Feb 2012

The study said that 94% of a group of 71 developed problems due to the side effects from the drug. The side effect of the drug are: erectile dysfunction, impotence, greatly reduced libido, testicular pain, problems with orgasms and gynecomastia – an over-development of the male breast.
          94%??? That's 4 men out of the 71 who did NOT report side effects. Stunning if true.

Comment

• the_charger
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by chrisis
            94%??? That's 4 men out of the 71 who did NOT report side effects. Stunning if true.
            im actually surprised its not 100%. After all, these 71 men were chosen from a group of guys that were already complaining of permanent sexual problems. I think all of them were from p-help.com

Comment

• jgold
              • Feb 2012

basically all of them were from p-help, and they all had side effects, the reason its 94% is because he had to discredit those who previously had anxiety or similar issues or who had taken anti depressants. thats my understanding

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                • Apr 2011

What a ****ing joke !!! So these guys doing the "study" basically reversed the numbers. Instead of saying 2% of the people had side effects they flip it and make it close to the same % but without side effects. So they're saying virtually all participants had side effects! They can shove their study up their a****.

Comment

• chrisis
                  • Feb 2012

If they had already had side effects then it's not a very plausible study and I don't know what they were trying to achieve.

Could someone point out where that info was? Doesn't seem to appear on the link.

Maybe they were trying to establish the persistence of side effects after men stop taking finasteride? Either way, it's unclear both what the intention of the study was and who the participants were.

Pretty bad study and bad write-up. No wonder we're all so damn confused.

Comment

• jgold
                    • Feb 2012

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

another link

Comment

• sausage
                      • Jan 2012

The symptoms were: erectile dysfunction, impotence, greatly reduced libido, testicular pain, problems with orgasms and gynecomastia – an over-development of the male breast.

Of these 'problems with orgasms' and 'testicular pain' could be relatively minor side effects and potentially a lot of people taking the product may experience an achy testicle.

I mean how many people on here have had at least an achy testicle or slight changes in their spunk?

I don't know the answers to this question.

I just would not be surprised if most people at least had an achy sack. Therefore most people will experience some sort of side effect????

Comment

• the_charger
                        • Apr 2011

Spencer talked about this study in this link with dr. Wasserbauer: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4855

I dont think this study really proved much except that 90 something guys think propecia caused all these permanent side effects.

BTW read the whole thread, its hilarious, especially when Crisler shows up.. lol.

Comment

• SoothSayer
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by chrisis
                          If they had already had side effects then it's not a very plausible study and I don't know what they were trying to achieve.

Could someone point out where that info was? Doesn't seem to appear on the link.

Maybe they were trying to establish the persistence of side effects after men stop taking finasteride? Either way, it's unclear both what the intention of the study was and who the participants were.

Pretty bad study and bad write-up. No wonder we're all so damn confused.
                          The study was not a clinical trial. It investigated the medical history of men who developed erectile dysfunction while taking propecia and had no previous history of sexual problems or other possible confounding causes. The purpose of the study was not to test the likelihood of developing such said effects, but was to investigate 70 or so data points of men who reporting having such problems and narrow them down by removing any men who had certain predisposing factors. The doctor was very conservative in removing any patient with a history of anxiety or depression prior to taking Propecia and what remained was a large number of patients that seemed to have been negatively affected by propecia since there were no other possible factors.

Comment

Working...