What Can Prevent Hair Transplant Shock Loss?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strong
    • Mar 2009

What Can Prevent Hair Transplant Shock Loss?

Hi, What else besides finasteride can prevent shockloss?
  • Jkel
    • Oct 2008

I think that's all you can do.

Comment

• gillenator
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by strong
      Hi, What else besides finasteride can prevent shockloss?

I truly wish there was an easy precise answer for this question. But there is not. The very nature of shockloss is that it is unpredictable. Now there are certain patients who may be more at risk, namely the diffused thinner. There is still lots of existing hair but it is thin and losing caliber and eventually becoming more vellus from an original more terminal state. That hair is weak and more subject to shock when trauma is introduced to the weak follicles from the recipient incisions created. Some docs will advocate doing lower densities at a time for the diffused thinner when starting surgical hair restoration.
      "Gillenator"
      Independent Patient Advocate
      more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Skeptic1st

Shock loss was one of my BIGGEST concerns as well as the donor scar visability because I wasnt comfortable in letting all my friends and co-workers know I had the surgery done. Im a 37 year old guy who's never been on finasteride(or any other oral supplement) and now that Im nearly 3 months post op,I can't see any additional hair loss in my appearance from before my surgery.Im excited waiting for my new hair to grow!

Comment

• gillenator
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Skeptic1st
          Shock loss was one of my BIGGEST concerns as well as the donor scar visability because I wasnt comfortable in letting all my friends and co-workers know I had the surgery done. Im a 37 year old guy who's never been on finasteride(or any other oral supplement) and now that Im nearly 3 months post op,I can't see any additional hair loss in my appearance from before my surgery.Im excited waiting for my new hair to grow!

Very cool Skeptic1st and happy growth! It's gonna be awesome!
          "Gillenator"
          Independent Patient Advocate
          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...