+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Propecia Causes Penis Shrinkage In Rats..

http://www.examiner.com/courts-in-ba...shrinkage-rats

Their penis's shrunk 25% in just 4 weeks.

Anyone noticed their penis shrinking?

"The latest revelation on Propecia’s long-term effect on brain function and male sexual dysfunction comes as the Food and Drug Administration has widened its probe of Propecia’s safety."

Anone that wants to complain about side effects should go read this: "As previously reported, the FDA urges anyone affected by Propecia to “formally document your case via the MedWatch reporting system. The information you provide will be added to FDA's post-marketing safety database and reviewed by the safety staff."

Default I Believe It

I think I experienced the same thing.

This article calls Irwig's study as """Dr. Irwig’s ground-breaking study...."""

This writer obviously can't distinguish between a survey of p-help.com and an actual study.

Well you know. There is a lot of discussion and controversy about this. All I know and without a lot of surveys and studies, is what I experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewater View Post
    Well you know. There is a lot of discussion and controversy about this. All I know and without a lot of surveys and studies, is what I experienced.
    If you don't mind me saying this, but are you sure that this isn't just that your errections aren't as full as they were prior to using Propecia?

The rats were given alot more Finasteride per body weight than is safetly recommended for humans (I think 10 times). But I guess anything is possible with Fin, or atleast it seems that way. The medicine appears to be a culprit in so many different sides, its almost like its radio-active or something.

its like i stated before, people on the drug will notice these side effects in the first few weeks of being on the drug, (possibly first few months) but then their bodies are overloaded with testosterone. This will in turn reduce those bad side effects.

But, tell those propeica users to get off of propecia after being on it for a long period, give it 1-3 months off propecia and you will see these prolonged (permanent) bad side effects, garuanteed.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    its like i stated before, people on the drug will notice these side effects in the first few weeks of being on the drug, (possibly first few months) but then their bodies are overloaded with testosterone. This will in turn reduce those bad side effects.

But, tell those propeica users to get off of propecia after being on it for a long period, give it 1-3 months off propecia and you will see these prolonged (permanent) bad side effects, garuanteed.
    You can't say guaruanteed. Nothing is guaruanteed, everyone reponds differently.

And please don't use word "permanent" with garuanteed, unless you have substancial evidence that leads you to believe these permenant sides are guaranteed for everyone.

lol

sorry I have to be a spelling nit and laugh at the number of times you mispelled guaranteed before finally spelling it right.

Well I can’t say the exact number of years I was on it. I do know for sure that I was on it in 10/08. I checked with the prescribing doctor and he had records going back that far, but no further. I am guessing perhaps as early as 06. I stopped December 2010 because it was only then I found this site and read that the side effects were greater than what my skin doctor had made me aware of and perhaps what he was aware of also as he told me that he was on it. I wasn’t experiencing desire issues. I was experiencing performance issues, but until I read up on it I had chalked it up to age. I did experience just what others reported. After about a month it appeared that everything was back to normal and that lasted a few weeks. Now it seems erections are more difficult to come by not as hard and it has been only lately I noticed the size issue.
    I’d like to demonstrate just how out of touch and misinformed the doctor was. He told me to take 5mg a day, 5 days a week and skip the weekends! Which I did up until about Fall sometime of 2010. It was about then I found this web site and learned that I had unknowingly been taking way too much of the stuff. I then went to the 5mg once a week for a few months and then stopped all together in December 2010.
    You can draw your own conclusions. I have mine.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    This article calls Irwig's study as """Dr. Irwig’s ground-breaking study...."""

This writer obviously can't distinguish between a survey of p-help.com and an actual study.
    Dr. Irwig's study was ground-breaking in that it studied a phenomenon that was scarcely written about prior to his research and it was an actual case study.

While a lot of questions remain unanswered, his research brought awareness to a lot of physicians and facilitated an interest in more studies which are currently under way.