+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I measured my penis before I started taking Propecia and its still 10 inches long so no shrinkage yet.

Inactive

Red face

So what? A male rat doesn't need a big penis anyway -- female rats are only interested in the size of his wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    So what? A male rat doesn't need a big penis anyway -- female rats are only interested in the size of his wallet.

no man wants to admit this but, some drugs make you feel smaller down there. Propecia has something that makes you feel like your always in a cold shower.

But I still take it. But it is a side effect, at least the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I'll play the Devil's advocate here: Since you had no sides other than eventually developing some slight erection difficulties, why do you believe that these sides are related to Fin? Most people only mention side effects persistent after stopping - as in they were there before. I've never heard of new ones starting only after stopping. If anything, shouldn't you go back on it (if you're right)?
    All I cansay is this, while I was on Propecia... I experienced the following, testicle pain, and atrophy, watery semen, loss of libido, half full erections, and hmmm..... I quit the meds, and within 4 months everything returned,0pain in the teste, normal almost thick semen again, strong erections, and testes back to size... So many people are just not educated. I dont give a flying f--- what any Dr. says. I know my own Fu----- body!!!! Im so sick of dudes bitching about penis issues while on drug.. Ask yourself a simple question.... Did my penis and testes feel normal before the meds!!! The shit is poison.. It might not effect you now, or even 10 years from now. The price will be paid eventually, if not.. Im happy for you... I suggest the following... Study DHT.. you might be shocked at how important it is to the mans hormonal balance!!! Take a woman's estrogen away... see how she responds.. "Im not being rude, Im being honest!!! Best wishes.... Educate yourself!!!

Thank God I don't have a rat penis.

Default To Highlander

Because that is the only thing in my life that has even a casual link to the symptoms. I am on no other drugs or medical treatments. There is no connection between the symptoms and anything else I am doing. I stopped taking it believeing the negitive reactions would reverse. They didn't by the way start after I stopped taking it, I noticed a difference while on it.

In the body, dihydrotestosterone (DHT) acts as one of the most potent androgenic hormones. The prohormone testosterone takes on this function in skeletal muscle tissue. Testosterone, in tissues rich in the enzyme 5-alpha reductase (5-AR), converts to DHT. These tissues include the central nervous system (CNS), skin and gonads. DHT displays several different effects when coupled with other hormones. DHT generally exhibits a positive effect on sexual function and sex drive. The mechanism by which this is achieved results from one or a combination of pathways.
    Other People Are Reading

DHT

DHT forms naturally in the body from testosterone, especially in androgen dependent tissues, besides muscle tissue. When testosterone enters neural tissue, skin, or endocrine tissue it converts to DHT under the catalytic properties of 5-AR. In a 5-AR deficient environment, sufficient amounts of DHT would not be produced, causing serious physical and physiological malformations.
    Case Study

Researchers studied a congenital disorder that limits DHT development in children. Pseudohermaphroditism results from deficiency in the enzyme 5-AR. Children with the disorder display "ambiguous genitalia and are often raised as girls." At the onset of puberty, testosterone levels increase as expected, while DHT levels remain stunted. Muscle development proceeds as usual, however secondary male sexual characteristics, such as body and pubic hair growth, do not and they also have underdeveloped prostate glands and penises. As a result, the disorder affects their sexual function and libido.

The overarching implication of this pathological study asserts that proper levels of DHT in the body are necessary for proper sexual development and sexual function.

Sponsored Links
    Uterine Fibroids

Learn About Advanced Robotic Myomectomy Treatment Options Today
    www.GlobalRoboticsInstitute.com
    DHT and Estrogen

In both men and women, high levels of estrogen show correlation to decreased sex drive, while higher ratios of androgens will result in increased libido. DHT balances estrogen levels in the body. DHT prevents estrogen from acting on tissues by either blocking androgen receptors in the tissue or blocking RNA transcription after estrogen has bound to the receptors.

In the second way, DHT directly blocks the production of estrogen by inhibiting the enzyme aromatase which androgen hormones require to convert to estrogen.

In the last pathway, DHT acts indirectly on estrogen production by signaling the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland to decrease secretion of gonadotropins. This decrease in gonadotropins causes a decrease in testosterone and androstenedione---the precursors of estrogen.
    Misconceptions

A common misconception about DHT remains that its presence in the prostate causes hypertrophy in that tissue. In actuality, evidence shows that high levels of estrogen correlate to hypertrophy in the prostate. Older men tend to display higher estrogen to androgen ratios, therefore, they may experience prostate enlargement and decreased libido. So higher levels of DHT should prevent such issues.
    DHT and Libido

DHT's status as a highly active androgen hormone causes an increase in sex drive, especially in individuals using supplemental amounts of it. Its inhibition of estrogen in the body also causes the increase in sexual desire. In growing individuals, it acts to develop secondary sexual characteristics.

This positive correlation is in no way a recommendation for its extraneous use outside of a doctor's supervision.

HOW CAN ONE, ARGUE WITH THIS??????

^Finasteride blocks around 60-70% of DHT in the body. Is the 30-40% enought to maintain normal function for someone that has passed puberty? Maybe it is enough, or maybe its not. I really can't say because I have no medical background.

But this is something worth considering when reading this post above. Finasteride does not completely eliminate DHT from the body. It lowers it by 60-70%. So there is still 30-40% DHT in the body. Perhaps that is not enought for someone that has passed puberty, I obviously can't comment. But there is a difference between lowering a hormone and completely eliminating it, alot of people tend to ignore that.

Wow! Quite worrying stuff. I was put on anxiety drugs around 7 years ago which completely messed my erections and it never returned to normal when I stopped so I would be bricking it if i started taking this incase it messed it up more. Are there better or safer options?