Threaded View

Default Impact on your looks

I guess, I'll rant.

I don't have severe hairloss luckily; think pierce brosnan, but the recession has had an impact on my looks - unlike pierce brosnan. My forehead looks bigger, and I have gone from being 'handsome' to just average. Women hardly ever compliment me anymore, unlike when I was 20 years old. (I am 26 now) Back then, I used to have women showing me so much more interest. I was also a lot more photogenic in photographs because the perfect juvenile hairline framed my long face perfectly..

It has affected my self confidence, and I am spending so much time and effort on haircuts that disguise my hairloss, or on products in the hope that I can slow it down. My preferred hairstyle - pushing my hair up can't be done anymore due to a widows peak.

My greatest fear now is to develop a bald spot, or have a huge amount of hairline recession making hair loss impossible to hide. I am hoping that all I have is a mature hair line and that it is stable.

The worst thing I hate about this shit, is how no body has invented even a pill that is safe. We are left with propecia and minox which causes us to risking with sides. The other option is HTs, but even then, they are a short term fix and you will never get your original density back. It really annoys me how a few of my friends have no hairloss at all. Just why? Was this some sick joke played by God or something? I know that I would be so much more relaxed and care free about life if hairloss wasn't an issue. These days, I am finding myself norwood spotting all the time. My life outside of hairloss is amazing, truth to be told. Good job, and a lot of things to look forward too.

But yeah I will leave that here.