+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Impact on your looks

I guess, I'll rant.

I don't have severe hairloss luckily; think pierce brosnan, but the recession has had an impact on my looks - unlike pierce brosnan. My forehead looks bigger, and I have gone from being 'handsome' to just average. Women hardly ever compliment me anymore, unlike when I was 20 years old. (I am 26 now) Back then, I used to have women showing me so much more interest. I was also a lot more photogenic in photographs because the perfect juvenile hairline framed my long face perfectly..

It has affected my self confidence, and I am spending so much time and effort on haircuts that disguise my hairloss, or on products in the hope that I can slow it down. My preferred hairstyle - pushing my hair up can't be done anymore due to a widows peak.

My greatest fear now is to develop a bald spot, or have a huge amount of hairline recession making hair loss impossible to hide. I am hoping that all I have is a mature hair line and that it is stable.

The worst thing I hate about this shit, is how no body has invented even a pill that is safe. We are left with propecia and minox which causes us to risking with sides. The other option is HTs, but even then, they are a short term fix and you will never get your original density back. It really annoys me how a few of my friends have no hairloss at all. Just why? Was this some sick joke played by God or something? I know that I would be so much more relaxed and care free about life if hairloss wasn't an issue. These days, I am finding myself norwood spotting all the time. My life outside of hairloss is amazing, truth to be told. Good job, and a lot of things to look forward too.

But yeah I will leave that here.

First off, don't ever feel bad about feeling bad. At the end there, it sounded like you were saying your life was good, as if you might be ashamed of felling bad. Dude, it's okay, 'cause hairloss suuuuucks. And we all know it. It occupies so much of your thinking time. It affects your ability to form relationships. It does suck. We have enough to feel bad about without people trivializing balding and feeling bad for feeling bad.

Personally, I'm just trying to focus on things other than relationships for now while hoping for a cure. Because second off (if you remember, this started "First off") I recommend you look into Replicel, Alderans, and Histogen. There is reason to be (cautiously) optimistic that hairloss is not going to be a problem much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    First off, don't ever feel bad about feeling bad. At the end there, it sounded like you were saying your life was good, as if you might be ashamed of felling bad. Dude, it's okay, 'cause hairloss suuuuucks. And we all know it. It occupies so much of your thinking time. It affects your ability to form relationships. It does suck. We have enough to feel bad about without people trivializing balding and feeling bad for feeling bad.

Personally, I'm just trying to focus on things other than relationships for now while hoping for a cure. Because second off (if you remember, this started "First off") I recommend you look into Replicel, Alderans, and Histogen. There is reason to be (cautiously) optimistic that hairloss is not going to be a problem much longer.
    Cautious optimism remains the best approach. We should strive to maintain a healthy skepticism when considering the supposed efficacy of new treatments. That said, they may very well work; but to what degree will they be cosmetically sufficient?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    The other option is HTs, but even then, they are a short term fix and you will never get your original density back.
    Life is a pinball machine. Some win; some lose. If you're living in a western country with shelter and regular meals, you've already won. I don't mean to sound patronising, but basically I mean to say there's no "bad guy", so stop chasing "him" and deal with the situation as best you can. Creating a fictional villain is not going to help.

It is natural you want to look good and there are options. I refer specifically to the part I quoted. HTs aren't a short term fix if you plan sensibly and you're lucky enough to have minor hair loss and a slow balding rate. Also, you can get your original density back, assuming once again your hair loss is relatively minor (which it seems to be) and you go to a skilled doctor that will pack grafts densely.

Hairloss is shit. Simple as. Its completely ruined my life.

Just think your lucky you did not start losing your hair as young as I did (16) and I am one year older than you now (27) and I have virtually nothing left on top. Got the shaved look going.

I personally can not deal with my hairloss at all it is on my mind 24/7, I even worry about it in my dreams.

As long as you can still go out and meet girls and still have enough confidence to ask them out then you should be fine. If your as unconfident as I am then we both need to snap out of it soon!

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Hairloss is shit. Simple as. Its completely ruined my life.

Just think your lucky you did not start losing your hair as young as I did (16) and I am one year older than you now (27) and I have virtually nothing left on top. Got the shaved look going.

I personally can not deal with my hairloss at all it is on my mind 24/7, I even worry about it in my dreams.

As long as you can still go out and meet girls and still have enough confidence to ask them out then you should be fine. If your as unconfident as I am then we both need to snap out of it soon!
    I worry about it in my dreams too mate. Which is in itself ridiculous; is my subconscious so permeated with thoughts of hairloss that I must dream about it too? I sometimes take comfort in knowing we're in this together; no one is alone, we feel similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Life is a pinball machine. Some win; some lose. If you're living in a western country with shelter and regular meals, you've already won. I don't mean to sound patronising, but basically I mean to say there's no "bad guy", so stop chasing "him" and deal with the situation as best you can. Creating a fictional villain is not going to help.
    Very true. That which we resist persists. We should try our best to count our blessings; as I'm sure there are many of them.

Scorpion

If you aren't taking propecia/dutarestide then it is only your fault.

If the little chance of you having side effects scares you off then you deserve to be bald.

Those who do not risk, do not reap the profits.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I worry about it in my dreams too mate. Which is in itself ridiculous; is my subconscious so permeated with thoughts of hairloss that I must dream about it too? I sometimes take comfort in knowing we're in this together; no one is alone, we feel similarly.
    I have hairloss on my mind virtually constantly as you probably do which causes it to affect our dreams too. Which is not surprisingly really as we always feature in our own dreams and therefore we have to picture ourselves. We have to picture ourselves as we are (baldies) and I personally do not like seeing myself that way and in turn worry about it when I meet people in my dreams, I think my mind tries to force itself to put hair on my head in dreamworld and it sometimes works.

It truly sucks.

Worrying about your hairloss as your character inside your dreams, in a world that does not actually exist and there is no1 to judge you but your still there worrying.

Dreams.....more like nightmares.

Yeah I too have dreams that minoxidil has restored my hairline and I think I don't need to spend money and time with a HT anymore. Then I wake up and....