+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 20 years old

I'm sorry to hear about your suffering and I feel for you but I know these words WON'T lessen your sadness or make you feel better in anyway for I have gone -and still going- through the same hell with this hair loss curse. I don't know what to tell you because I know it would be useless. Life IS cruel and is NOT fair. That's all I can say. Some people are hit with all kinds of afflictions while others have a smooth sailing in this life. Hair loss is just like any other physical disability -TO SOME OF US- that causes us not to be able to carry on with our lives. It makes us want to stay in a lonely corner of the world and not want to do anything except drown in our sadness and depression.

I REALLY hope and pray that someone comes up with a cure or a treatment soon and we don't get the usual "in the next 10-15 year promise". You're still young. For some of us if and when a cure comes out it might be a little too late and the life that's been stolen from us will never be given back to us.

BTW, that idiot of a "doctor" who told you Fin causes breast cancer should have his license revoked. I'm not surprised because I've seen a lot of so-called doctors who don't know jack shit about anything. Never take a doctor's word as if it were god's. And remember, to every one who suffers side effects with Fin there are more than 10 who DON'T. So...

Default Keep your head up dude!

Hey guys i know what your all going through, i just graduated college a few months back and I've been losing my hair since i was 18! I'm 22 now and i decided to shave it all off the day after i graduated. It was tough at first but i got much support from my friends and family. It's hard to bite the bullet but even sitting here now i'm on this forum still thinking about what if i had hair. Life is full of hard things, but if losing your hair is the biggest problem you have consider yourself lucky! Through out college i made an effort to not let this effect me, i took the negative energy i felt associated with this and used it to drive me. Sure waking up next to a hot girl after a party i had thoughts of her seeing my balding head in the day time and her screaming and leaving but it never happened. Most of the time they didn't even bring it up and if they did it wasn't in a negative light at all. Most girls really don't care about the way you look, they care about THE WAY YOU MAKE THEM FEEL! and if your scared to see your old friends because you don't know how they will react then your losing those friends for good. Believe me even now i haven't talked to a couple girls that i've hooked up with in the past because i have a fear of how they will react, its hard. But you can't let this affect your life negatively, no one is perfect! For god sakes the first James Bond actor was losing his hair in his 20's too! The key is to keep fighting and accept yourself fully, if you accept yourself others will too!

Quote Originally Posted by rj198937 View Post
    The key is to keep fighting and accept yourself fully, if you accept yourself others will too!
    Word, truth.

hey bro....it almost felt like i was reading my own post. M 21 and your story is just like mine. I am going through that crap for the past 4 years. And i know what a devastating effect it have on our lives. M in a bad mood all the time , angry at people for no reasn, wtsoever. Yeah, it hurts whn i see almost all of my buddies with ful and healthy heads. But you gotta ask yourself 'wil dis get me newhere? Why m i ruining my life for this?' . Being bald at such an age can be vrx disturbing , but once u'l b arnd 30-35 , u'l regret that u wasted precious years of your life for this. Keep fighting for your hair , but with that dont compromise wid ur life either. Hit the gym and get a killer physique, follow a hobby, wear cool clothes, grow as a human being. All that u can do. And believe me no one wil bother u abt ur hair. Focus on ur studies, earn good and make ur future. We all r going through the same shit , so ur nt alone. Learn to fight it. Go, live ur life