+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    Ya I've heard about that. I have a lot of work to do. I can't even bend over and touch my toes.
    how much is the procedure going to cost you?

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    how much is the procedure going to cost you?
    I probably won't get it done for a couple of years, but the prices are usually about:

India: $15,000
    China: $30,000
    Germany: $70,000
    France $70,000
    United States: $100,000

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    I probably won't get it done for a couple of years, but the prices are usually about:

India: $15,000
    China: $30,000
    Germany: $70,000
    France $70,000
    United States: $100,000
    oh wow, I'm 6'0 right now but I wouldn't mind being 6'3 lol. good luck though.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    oh wow, I'm 6'0 right now but I wouldn't mind being 6'3 lol. good luck though.
    Ya taller is always better. You're fortunate though to be already above average heightm so you've got nothing to worry about. Unless you're trying out for the NBA or want to be an NFL quarterback, you don't have to worry about your height disadvantaging you.

Myself being 5'6", I have to worry about my height being disadvantageous to me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Edit: Also, supplementing protein in powder form is not ideal. Not all protein is created equal. Not all protein is the same. You can't just supplement "protein" and expect it to be the equivalent to that of someone following a proper diet.
    I'm tired of all this "Oh, soy is the only complete protein for vegans, and it's a shitty one at that!"

Just picking off the top of my head, an avocado has almost as much protein as a medium sized egg, and has a more complete amino acid profile than beef, chicken breast, or even whey protein. More easily digested, more complete protein. Not only that, it has a better ratio of omega oils than any of those, and a good nutrient content. And that's just off the top of my head on account of I'm eating two avocados right now (so off the top of my plate, really).

You're right, not all protein is created equal, because meat isn't as good as some totally vegan sources. Thinking that meat is the best way to get protein is outdated quackery. Keep thinking it though. I'll keep not eating meat and being stronger and leaner than you instead.

(Sorry for the in your face answer, but I was recently made fun of for eating a lot of fruit. What kind'a crazy ass world am I in when eating a lot of fruit is something people get made fun of for? Jesus Christ, gorillas do it. How does that not make it at least a little cool?)

"best"

I don't think anyone has said that without qualifying it substantially, and thats generally protein by weight.

1 pound of bonless chicken breast has about 100g of protein.

1 pound of avocado will have what, maybe 19 on the very high end?

As I mentioned in another thread I think it was, its all about goals. Lean Gains are possible, anyone who discounts it is a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    "best"

I don't think anyone has said that without qualifying it substantially, and thats generally protein by weight.

1 pound of bonless chicken breast has about 100g of protein.

1 pound of avocado will have what, maybe 19 on the very high end?

As I mentioned in another thread I think it was, its all about goals. Lean Gains are possible, anyone who discounts it is a fool.
    If the human body was a "grams of protein in" to "muscle mass out" machine, I would agree. Unfortunately, that isn't even close to true. I, personally, would qualify "best source of protein" as a measure that took into account protein by mass, digestability, amino acid profile, fatty acid ratio and quality, micronutrient content, and macronutrient content aside from protein. At least those things. If I sat and thought longer, I'd probably want to throw in a few more.

Between all the enzymes and coenzymes, omega ratios and healthy fat content, the digestibility and bioavailability, and so on and so forth, meat typically only has an avocado (who seems to be on trial now) beat in the "protein by mass" category. I'm not saying that that's not important. Getting as much protein as you need is definitely a big deal. But if you're just talking protein by mass (and especially if you throw in cost), if that's all that matters, then NOTHING is beating most any protein powder, including vegan ones. A chicken breast, in my opinion, just isn't at the top of absolutely any ranking I would want to use to determine the "best source of protein."

And I certainly wouldn't want to use just "protein by mass" anyway. Though I admit that I'm not a doctor or anything. If you have an argument against any of this, I'd love to hear it. It just ain't feasible for one person to research everything, so I always appreciate hearing what other people have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I'm a red head so I need to use higher SPF stuff, which is often very hard to find.

I make my own skin cream with pure aloe vera gel and extra virgin olive oil. I just mix them 50/50 and that's my night cream and hand & body lotion.

I work out almost every day alternating between cardio and strength building - but no heavy weights. I don't want bulk. I want curves - in the right places.

I do count calories but I also make those calories count. I rarely eat red meat and I never eat pork of any kind. I eat mostly friuts, vegitables, whole grains and plant protiens. Though I do make sure to eat at least one "free range" egg every day. I love vegitarian sausage. That stuff is so good.

Where I live it's not realistically possible to get enough fish in my diet so I take suppliments to compensate and eat fish whenever possible.

I avoid hard drinks but I do drink beer. I limit it to one a day. One beer a day is actually very good for you in a lot of ways.

I am actually the same age as Spencer but aside from my hair loss I easily look ten to fifteen years younger than I am. Now that I've got enough hair back to look presentable I do get hit on by guys ten to fifteen years younger than me. So I'm doing something right.
    It's rare to see a lady that actually takes care of her body and watches what she eats. Gratz on that Stacy, you must have a sexy ass body

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I also run and work out to keep myself in shape. In terms of diet, I eat fruits and vegetables, wholegrain wheat, cereals and brown rice and I stay away from sugary drinks and snacks. I'm also a vegetarian, so no meat.

What about you?
    You seem to live a very healthy lifestyle. Keep up the great work! Also, you can try facial exercises. I think this guy named Tom Hagerty has a website dedicated to teaching them