+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

chrisis; How is your recovery coming along? Any noticeable returned sensitivity yet?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    chrisis; How is your recovery coming along? Any noticeable returned sensitivity yet?
    I'd say sensitivity is about 75% of how it should be but I'm still feeling other side effects that bother me. I don't have the same forceful orgasms and they're just harder to achieve with less pleasure. It's like just "getting there" is a battle and accomplishment. I used to be able to toy with reaching climax but now I just want to get over it. I know this is graphic but it needs to be for people to understand... I used to get a lot of precum and my load would sometimes shoot over my head if I was feeling really horny. Those days seem to be long gone and I blame finasteride entirely. I realise some of my posts on this topic have been on the angry side but I can't tolerate people implying that this might be in my head. They're so damn clueless and their "advice" is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    but I can't tolerate people implying that this might be in my head. They're so damn clueless and their "advice" is dangerous.
    A few people are like that on here, they are ignorant of side effects. I think they are in denial that they exist. They just don't want to think or worry about it so they get angry at people that post about them.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    A few people are like that on here, they are ignorant of side effects. I think they are in denial that they exist. They just don't want to think or worry about it so they get angry at people that post about them.
    Nobody told you or made you take it.
    Just roll of the dice. Im sorry for your problems.
    Pills in general suck to take.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by bob13 View Post
    Nobody told you or made you take it.
    Just roll of the dice. Im sorry for your problems.
    Pills in general suck to take.

Good Luck
    Many many many people said I should take it. Yes no1 made me take it.

I chose to go ahead and take it but have been put off by new worrying information.

Do you take Fin? hows it going for yourself?

I have taken .5 mill for over 5 years. I quit for 6 months because I was
    reading and hearing on tv so much negative info. I knew I had a few side effects but not enough to stop me from getting on it again.

So I believe it has helped me but I feel bad for those that have bad experience.

My hair loss wasn't that bad but I still wanted to maintain what I had left.
    Call it vanity. Im a older guy , but still wanted to maintain.

My pharmacist says when he see's me even after I quit for the 6 months that he couldn't tell any difference when I went on it again.
    I could tell though the hair got thinner looking and my crown was getting worse.

There's no doubt in my mind even the .5 mill of propecia works and maintains what you have.
    If you were taking it and had no effects and it made your hair better than it's up
    to you what you do. I wouldn't tell anyone to take anything. It's up to each person.
    It feels good to know you are at least trying the best to help yourself everyday.
    Good Luck

I'd say sensitivity is about 75% of how it should be but I'm still feeling other side effects that bother me. I don't have the same forceful orgasms and they're just harder to achieve with less pleasure.
    How much time has elapsed since you quit taking Propecia? If it has been a significant amount of time, about 2 months or so, I must strongly advise you not to try taking the drug again. I typically feel its best to present the facts and let guys evaluate their own situations based off of their own ability to handle the risks but if you have very mild persisting effects I must strongly advise you against it.

Given you already know you are a guy who has developed side effects from the drug, you are at much higher risk than the average consumer who is not very likely to face an adverse experience. If my understanding of your situation is accurate, I feel strongly saying that you should be very thankful you dodged a bullet and can still function even if your capacity to enjoy sexual activity is slightly diminished.

That being said - if you care that much about hair loss, feel free to go ahead and give it another shot. But the challenge - rechallenge protocol for testing side effects of medications is very risky for people who already have mild persisting effects. There are always rogaine, hair transplantation, and other options available to you that are less invasive.

I've been off finasteride for around a month. I agree with your assessment and recommendation. I'm using Nizoral and minoxidil and that seems to be helping my hairline somewhat. I understand finasteride is more beneficial for the crown and I have zero loss there anyway. I will be looking at getting a hair transplant to fix my hairline in the near future.

Thanks for your post, Soothsayer.

All well and good except not applicable in my case, and not applicable in the case of a friend. We took the drug thinking the side effects were negligible and still experienced them.

In my case it took 2-3 months before I noticed any changes. At the beginning I actually had a higher than usual libido.

Kinda blows a big gaping hole through your entire argument.
    I'm not suggesting that side effects are not real. As far as I'm concerned, they ARE -- in roughly about 2% of men like study after study has shown. You may very well be part of that 2%.

All I'm saying is that there is a lot of fear mongering when it comes to this drug and that many men who believe something is wrong with them may just be killing themselves through their anxiety. Reading through some of the stories on Propecia Help, this is clear as day to me.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmoon View Post
    I'm not suggesting that side effects are not real. As far as I'm concerned, they ARE -- in roughly about 2% of men like study after study has shown. You may very well be part of that 2%.
    2% is equivalent to placebo. If you think I'm part of a 2% minority of men, you're implying that the drug is harmless and any side effects are psychological in nature, rather than a pharmacological response.

It's amazing the trust you place in this magical 2% figure.