+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    No I don't take it. I'm constantly pondering it like you have been-same worries, so I said good luck as I've seen your posts concerning its safety.
    Well I should have left it a few more days before I made my decision to purchase the pills.

I would not have bought them having read what I have the past 2 days.....

As I have said The FDA who approved the product years ago have now had to review its safety because of the huge number of complaints of serious side effects.

Risking irreversible impotence, sexual pain and sexual dysfunction its not something I want to be taking. I think I will stop taking the stuff until the FDA make a decision on this and even then I think I will keep well away from it.

Did you purchase some of that Toco-8 stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Well I should have left it a few more days before I made my decision to purchase the pills.

As I have said The FDA who approved the product years ago have now had to review its safety because of the huge number of complaints of serious side effects.

Risking irreversible impotence, sexual pain and sexual dysfunction its not something I want to be taking. I think I will stop taking the stuff until the FDA make a decision on this and even then I think I will keep well away from it.

I would probably take propecia if the potential sides wern't so bad.

I mean...Penis shrinkage, what the hell?

Hairloss is so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I would probably take propecia if the potential sides wern't so bad.

I mean...Penis shrinkage, what the hell?

Hairloss is so frustrating.
    Yes penis shrinkage is a possible side effect IN RATS, that were given MUCH more Fin per body weight than that is ever recommended in humans.

**** that - lose your **** for limited hair re-growth that's not even guaranteed, and most likely won't even benefit your hairline/temples?

The stakes are damn high. Just wish we could tell in advance if we'd be susceptible to these adverse side effects..

I recently stumbled upon the Propecia Help forums myself. I'm really trying to figure out if these claims of "permanent side effects" have any validity to them. The way I see it is -- the mind is a very powerful tool. It can heal you or it can destroy you. If you are a worrisome person by nature (the hypochondriac type), and you begin taking a drug KNOWING it there are potential side effects, you may begin to experience them when they're not be there at all.

This is especially true when these side effects are sex-related. Sex and the brain are closely tied. I always say that sex is mental -- if you are stressed and have anxiety over a drug that may affect your sex drive, then naturally you'd have trouble achieving and maintaing erections. If you're not there mentally, of course sex will be terrible.

This happened to me a couple years back when I was taking a different medication. A couple of weeks into it, I began experiencing some chest discomfort, and I was convinced that it was heart-related. I became so stressed out over the possibility that I was having heart issues. The "pain" became progressively worse, and I began to develop other "side effects" (all imagined) -- long story short, I ended up in the emergency room. Many tests were done including a chest x-ray, which all came back clear. Even after I was sent home, I was convinced something was wrong with me that the doctors overlooked. Needless to say, there was nothing wrong with me, and it took some time before I accepted that all of this was in my head.

This is similar to a lot of what I'm reading on the Propecia Help website. There are many claims of men spending thousands of dollars on all sorts of tests, only for them to all come back clear. There is a sub-forum titled "Recovery Stories" which I think speaks for itself. I've read more than one person on there say their libido and erections magically returned after a period of time. What's worse is that there is a LOT of fear mongering on there. One poor guy claimed he began to experience a tingling sensation in his testicles ONLY AFTER he had read about it on the website. Instead of telling him that it's most likely in his head, one poster responded with "hell has only begun for you..."

Then you have guys who make some pretty outrageous claims, such as their penis has shrunk, they've lost muscle mass, and they "feel like a woman." I have a hard time believing any of this, and frankly need to see it for myself.

People love to embelish in order to gain some advantage. Since basically 99% of those guys will never have to prove or be used to prove in a study - there is no way to validate their claims.

That is the powerful ugly side of the Internet and its free and open exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post

No I haven't got any yet, shall look into it.

Also, why don't you just take 0.5 Fin and introduce it to your system? Hell I don't know, but I read other men do that with some success. I wouldn't be popping 1mg straight away.

I will await the FDA's review of the safety of the drug before popping anymore.

In terms of dosage I am sure Spencer Kobren said 1mg a week could be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmoon View Post
    The way I see it is -- the mind is a very powerful tool. It can heal you or it can destroy you. If you are a worrisome person by nature (the hypochondriac type), and you begin taking a drug KNOWING it there are potential side effects, you may begin to experience them when they're not be there at all.
    All well and good except not applicable in my case, and not applicable in the case of a friend. We took the drug thinking the side effects were negligible and still experienced them.

In my case it took 2-3 months before I noticed any changes. At the beginning I actually had a higher than usual libido.

Kinda blows a big gaping hole through your entire argument.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmoon View Post
    you may begin to experience them when they're not be there at all.
    Actually this part is my favourite right here.

Let's examine some of the things I personally experienced 2 or 3 months after starting finasteride:

No more morning wood
    No more spontaneous boners
    10% of usual penis sensitivity
    Much less cum
    No precum at all
    Much less interest in sex
    Orgasms feeling like a chore rather than a pleasure

Two months later I'm still waiting for all the above to return to normal.

But I'll concede to you and your theories about this not actually happening to me. It was all in my head.

If eye rolling made a noise you'd be deafened right now.