+ Reply to Thread

Default Can I wear my hair on a number 8 guard with a transplant??

Hello Guys, I was curious, If I was to restore my frontal hairline, with about 1100 grafts, can I still wear my hair at an # 8 guard??? Will my bangs look unnatural at this length. I wear a military style fade.. I guess what Im asking is is this length too short for a transplant????

Have a look at this. This may help you out. Joe cut his hair down to an 8 on top and a 3 on the sides. He's had well over 9000 grafts transplanted to a norwood 6 area. He doesn't normally wear his hair this short though.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...?t=3668&page=4

In an average case, if you have just enough hair to cover your strip scar, what happens when you go swimming or get your hair wet? Does the scar become visible ? What about if your hair is wet and under strong lighting ?

Thanks !!

At a 8 grade on top light is your worst enemy. That being said I have seen some cases where the patient has exceptionally coarse hair, high no. hairs per FU and a slight kinky texture and they can often get away with it quite short.

I wouldn't think the strip scar would be too much of a problem wet if you got a great tricho closure. Wet hair on the sides isn't as bad as on top. You definitely need a bit of length on top if you're hair is to look reasonably thick weight.

Spex has a great video where he wets his hair.

stylus,

Do you have any pics? If not, then as long as you have a fair degree of coarseness to your hair, you should be fine with average donor density.

If you do have strip and elect to go with a tryco method of closure, be sure your doc is proficient with tryco. Otherwise as long as your strip scar heals very fine, it should not stand out.

I had four strips done and even when my hair is wet, the strip scar is very undetectable. I wear the length about 2-3 inches in the donor zone and my strip scar has also resumed normal scalp color. No lingering redness.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    stylus,

Do you have any pics? If not, then as long as you have a fair degree of coarseness to your hair, you should be fine with average donor density.

If you do have strip and elect to go with a tryco method of closure, be sure your doc is proficient with tryco. Otherwise as long as your strip scar heals very fine, it should not stand out.

I had four strips done and even when my hair is wet, the strip scar is very undetectable. I wear the length about 2-3 inches in the donor zone and my strip scar has also resumed normal scalp color. No lingering redness.
    My choices are between True, or Dorin, and Robert Shapiro, of the Shapiro med group. BTW, I will be getting fue, not a strip surgery. I wear a fade, from a number 2 in the back and sides, and a # 8 on top... Thank you for replies. Please feel free to guide me for any advise, as I would def appreciate it!!!