+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Boots Hair Retention Programme

UK people may be aware of Boots Hair Retention Programme?

I have no idea what this is exactly, but assume they basically tell you to take Propecia and that it?

Anyone know anymore about this or has anyone actually been to Boots about this.

Cheers.

Thumbs up

Sounds like snake oil w propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post

I have no idea what this is exactly, but assume they basically tell you to take Propecia and that it?

Cheers.
    Yep they put you on Propecia.

I think it was £90 every three months. They put you on one month's 'trial' and if no immediate sides you can sign up indefinitely.

I asked what the success rate was and the 'advisor' told me they had around fifty men on it in my local branch - she said no sides reported. I didn't believe her.

I said asked if i did experience sides, what then? She replied that they'd put me in touch with Merck direct, she also said as a hi-street pharmacy, if they believed it was likely to give men crippling sides, they wouldn't prescribe it. I didn't believe that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Yep they put you on Propecia.

I think it was £90 every three months. They put you on one month's 'trial' and if no immediate sides you can sign up indefinitely.

I asked what the success rate was and the 'advisor' told me they had around fifty men on it in my local branch - she said no sides reported. I didn't believe her.

I said asked if i did experience sides, what then? She replied that they'd put me in touch with Merck direct, she also said as a hi-street pharmacy, if they believed it was likely to give men crippling sides, they wouldn't prescribe it. I didn't believe that either.
    So basically they don't do anything then. They just claim its their 'hair retention programme' making it sound like its their own. All they do is give you pills like any pharmacy, or doctor would but are trying to glam it up. Although £90 over 3 months is a good price.

Well they also take pictures if you want, and give you Boots points on the prescriptions, so you'd soon whack up some points to spend in store as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post

Cheers.
    If you look at their website, they are purposely vague of what is it they exactly do for you. And don't really mention how they contribute, except for saying we perform routine evaluations.
    This is so sad, ripping people off for prescribing Fin and Minox. Why do people do this? hairloss itself is depressing and then to get swindled is sad.

http://www.boots.com/en/Health-servi...ogramme-works/

Well they also take pictures if you want, and give you Boots points on the prescriptions
    LMAO!!!!! Money well spent then,....

You can get EXACTLY the same drug ( 1mg Finasteride ) from VERY reliable cheap sources in the UK and i get mine from Dr Singh who is a tried and tested source and a registered GP who 100's of UK guys and forum members use.

£200 for a years supply from him for EXACTLY the same drug.

However you do not get boots points through him.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Boots as well as Lloyds Pharmacy are huge well known UK trusted and reliable sources for medicines and general health and beauty products.

and Dr Singh is??????? Some bloke selling the drug cheaper.

Sausage,

He is a registered GP in the UK who I personally get my finasteride from along with MANY others in the UK as stated previously. He has many testimonials here and on other forums. He has provided a very reliable and legitimate service for years of legitimate finasteride in various forums at very affordable prices. He is tried and tested and if he wasnt legitimate he would never have been so regarded amongst the forum community, the place where no one can hide.

You have been around literally 5 mins yet you think you know best, so be it. You have a right to your opinion however strong it is or off point. It is what it is. Do what you feel is best however the fact if the matter is Dr Singh is legitimate and a fantastic source of the drug so trying to debunk him in my opinion is really disrespectful.

You can pay through the nose all you like as it's no skin off mine. Pay all you want to and more from whatever source you feel safe with if it makes you feel better.

The FACT of the matter is you can get EXACTLY the same drug for next to nothing in comparison to the EXTORTIONATE price of propecia and BS 'Boots hair programe' from legitimate sources as proven countless times by countless informed finasteride users in the UK.

If you have money to burn go for it.

FYI - I am not being funny here and 100% open and up front. I have high beliefs you will be one of the users to experience side effects based on the fact how anxious you are going into the drug and how much you are over thinking it. Seen it sooooo many times before.

No need to reply Sausage.
    Last edited by Spex; 03-17-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Spex - don't you recommend Dr Ashcroft anymore?