+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    Roger what exactly is your problem with Topcat ? if you dont like what he says why not just skip over it ? This thread is important and should remain on track , i would like to see a repair programme set up thats my intention , whats yours ?

regards

ejj
    My intention is to defend what I believe has basically saved my life. Topcat spews his bitterness on this forum but doesn't even respect the fact that it is this forum that gives him a place to voice his bitter opinion. He is not God, but he acts like he knows everything and he does not. I think a repair program is great, but I think the IAHRS already has one or a least that what I think I heard.

how about a patient whereby it has had the opposite effect ?

Topcat never said he was ` god `

The IAHRS does not have a programme for patients damaged by the industry this is a fact ! perhaps if we all think its a great idea we could keep this thread heading in that direction as im sure its something we all agree on

Regards

ejj

Tracy I don’t believe anyone intentionally damages a patient in this business. It’s a consequence of greed which is something entirely different. There are in doctors on this list that I know have damaged others out of greed and that is fact. So to just advise someone to choose from a list is irresponsible. Unless of course you are willing to accept financial liability if they pick wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Tracy I don’t believe anyone intentionally damages a patient in this business. It’s a consequence of greed which is something entirely different. There are in doctors on this list that I know have damaged others out of greed and that is fact. So to just advise someone to choose from a list is irresponsible. Unless of course you are willing to accept financial liability if they pick wrong.
    So what you are saying is that you have spoken to surgeons who told you that they damaged people out of greed? If this is not true then whatever you read online or heard from an unhappy patient is nothing but hearsay and speculation. I think you are very out of line to claim you know this to be a fact and to me you are the one who is irresponsible by making these false claims just to try to prove your point.

Quote Originally Posted by HelpROGER View Post
    So what you are saying is that you have spoken to surgeons who told you that they damaged people out of greed?.
    He never said he "spoke " to surgeons who told him them damaged people out of greed.
    Let's be real , no doctor would ever admit to anything like that

All he said was there are " doctors on this list that I know have damaged others out of greed and that is fact " .....how he knoes that I don't know but he has a point . Just because a Dr is on the IAHRS list doesn't mean that they are " all " great Drs

I've seen some results in the " Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons" section and IMO sometims I think the Dr should have refused to perform the suregry on the fellow.
    But hey if the guy is happy with the rsult that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    He never said he "spoke " to surgeons who told him them damaged people out of greed.
    Let's be real , no doctor would ever admit to anything like that

All he said was there are " doctors on this list that I know have damaged others out of greed and that is fact " .....how he knoes that I don't know but he has a point . Just because a Dr is on the IAHRS list doesn't mean that they are " all " great Drs

I've seen some results in the " Hair Transplant Results By IAHRS Recommended Surgeons" section and IMO sometims I think the Dr should have refused to perform the suregry on the fellow.
    But hey if the guy is happy with the rsult that's all that matters.
    King Topcat said he knows for a fact that there are doctors who damaged people out of greed. How does he know it to be a fact? I agree that some IAHRS doctors are probably better then others, but I would bet that if a person who is looking to have a hair transplant goes to the IAHRS he has a much better chance of having a good outcome then if he just does a google search. It's a good thing in general. Being able to narrow the playing field is huge when trying to decide on a doctor.

I don't think either Topcat or HelpRoger are right or wrong per se, they just come from vastly different life experiences and that's why their views are so divergent. I think they're both good people though. Topcat had some of the most extensive hair transplant damage that I've ever seen done to a person, and if there was any justice in this world, that corrupt doctor(s) that performed the hair transplants on him would be thrown in jail. And then this doctor would have a helluva lot more damage done to him than a botched hair transplant. I don't blame Topcat at all for being very pissed off; if I had that kind of damage done to my head, I'd be ready to take that corrupt doctor out back and hack into his head. HelpRoger says that an IAHRS doctor practically saved his life so I don't blame him at all for praising the IAHRS. Spencer Kobren and his organization actually helped to educate me on the limitations of hair transplantation and that's why I haven't gotten one and don't plan on getting one. I had lots of misconceptions because I was really naive when it came to hair loss. I really wanted a hair transplant and set up consults with several doctors. I absolutely despise baldness and was willing to do anything to regrow my hair. Yet when I found out about the donor hair not being able to grow back, the inability of an HT to give you anything close to a full head of hair, and the permanent head scarring, I decided that it wasn't worth it. So Spencer and his organization helped me in that way. Although I'm not a proponent of HT's for those aforementioned reasons, I do have to say that Spencer's motives are very true and honest (mainly because he himself has experiences the extremely negative effects of hair loss for himself) so I've got nothing but praise for Mr. Kobren. As much as I hate baldness, I'd much rather be bald than permanently scarred.
    Anyway, with regards to injuring people for the purpose of greed, I totally agree that lots and lots of HT doctors have done that time and time again. Before the advent of FUT and FUE, hair transplants were very primitive, produced doll-like hair structures, and very often lead to extensive scarring. The doctors performing HT's back then had to have known the limitations and complications of hair transplantation back then (after all, it was painfully obvious by how many people were butchered), yet they still continued to operate on people. Why? The most logical reason is because they made loads of money doing it. That being said, I do believe that there are some honest and tried-and-true doctors out there. Dr. Charles seems to be very ethical and honest, Dr. Haber seems to be as well, and Hasson and Wong and Dr. Rahal seem to produce some of the best results of the lot. Also, I really do think that the IAHRS really helps a person who wants a hair transplant narrow down their choices to some of the best doctors out there, and does help steer people away from all of the scumbag chain clinics like Bosley and NuHair. But I think that lots of doctors that were practicing traditional hair transplants before the advent of refined FUT and FUE did know that they were performing shoddy procedures and continued to do so. Some of them are even IAHRS members.

damaged is damaged ! it happens , the very fact there is a section here for ` patient complaints ` confirms that , my point is what happens when things go wrong ? i dont see Drs throwing in the 1 k i refered to earlier to help six repair patients yearly out ! why not ?

regards

ejj

DBHL I’m not pissed off at my own situation. In fact my situation has improved so much that I can understand why so many others in the past have just moved on and let the predators take over. What I don’t care to see are posters posting information that is irresponsible and reckless knowing very well that some young guy is going to read it and act on it.

Even the list owner would agree he has no control over what another person does and that is where the real problem seems to be. Greed has a way of changing people and what they believe is right and wrong including many of these HT doctors.

I try not to pay too much attention to attacks as most of these posters really are clueless and know zero about the industry but the real danger is that they are advising others.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    What I don’t care to see are posters posting information that is irresponsible and reckless...
    O.K., you are implying that I was irresponsible and reckless. Pull your head out and re-read what I wrote. I was neither irresponsible nor reckless.

You just lost any credibility you may have had. You are no worth my time.