+ Reply to Thread

Default Propecia and High Blood Pressure.

Hi,

I think I may have high blood pressure, is it not recommended that I take propecia?

What complications can occur if I took Propecia whilst having high blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Hi,

I think I may have high blood pressure, is it not recommended that I take propecia?

What complications can occur if I took Propecia whilst having high blood pressure.

Propecia doesn't effect blood pressure.

Hi,

You should talk to a doctor. I know the minox I get as a warning, not to use with heart or blood pressure issues. For Propecia you should talk to a doctor.

I could not find anything out with a google search.

The online prescription for Propecia that I filled out did not ask if I had high blood pressure so hoping it is ok.

I think I'll risk it.

When I originally got on Propecia, I had set up an appointment with my family doctor and before getting into the purpose of my visit he checked my vital signs and I had high blood pressure. He prescribed me the Propecia that I wanted and also prescribed me Lisinipril for the blood pressure, so I'm assuming Propecia won't have any ill effects on BP. I'd be surprised if he'd have prescribed it for me based on my blood pressure being high enough to warrant medication.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    When I originally got on Propecia, I had set up an appointment with my family doctor and before getting into the purpose of my visit he checked my vital signs and I had high blood pressure. He prescribed me the Propecia that I wanted and also prescribed me Lisinipril for the blood pressure, so I'm assuming Propecia won't have any ill effects on BP. I'd be surprised if he'd have prescribed it for me based on my blood pressure being high enough to warrant medication.
    ok, cheers gandolf. Hows your propecia programme going?

ok, cheers gandolf. Hows your propecia programme going?
    It appears to have completely stopped my hairloss, and I regrew some density on the crown. I was a little dissapointed that I didn't get back any of my receded hairline and temples, but as you probably know that almost never happens.

Overall I'm happy with it though as I have no side effects and can hopefully keep what I've got, my condition was still quite salvagable. I'm looking into my options for HTs at some point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    It appears to have completely stopped my hairloss, and I regrew some density on the crown. I was a little dissapointed that I didn't get back any of my receded hairline and temples, but as you probably know that almost never happens.

Overall I'm happy with it though as I have no side effects and can hopefully keep what I've got, my condition was still quite salvagable. I'm looking into my options for HTs at some point too.
    Sounds good, how long did it take you to notice less hair was falling out/density was increasing?

My hair is quite far gone, most the top of my head is covered in hair but it is now quite thin and the hairs are minaturised so if I can revive them into thick strong hairs then it would make a fair improvement. And if the improvement was good enough I will possibly get my temples filled in with a HT.