+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 5th ht transplant- 1550fut -bht

I am having my 5th hair transplant . all have been strip, I wish i was told about fut procedure when i started in this journey, Anyway i heard Dr Umar does bht and has head good success with it. I am scheduled for april 14th. I would love to hear if anybody has had work with him and or anybody has heard of this procedure having bad results. I had to pay him 10% up front and his office has said if i change my mind i lose the $1200 i gave them. I work in entertainment and if i am called to go produce a movie i will have to reschedule . Anyway i guess i have a few questions here, but love to hear some feed back . I am a bit nervous also cause paying $12,000 and my hair not growing in besides losing the money.I am 58 and have hair lose all over my head from surgeries . i wish i could cut short but look like i have most of my hair, Its important in my business and hope to get some feedback . Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0133.jpg

Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	14017   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0338.jpg

Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	14018  

Body hair transplantation is still not highly recognized as an effective technique for hair transplantation. The jury is still out on the whole concept and probably should only be attempted in extreme cases. You should consider having a consultation with an IAHRS hair transplant surgeon www.iahrs.org, before you pull the trigger. At the very least you can get another opinion and perhaps learn more about body hair transplantation.

Wink Dr Umar

i read that dr. Umar has been accepted iahrs , I haven't heard of any other dr in Los Angeles that does bht. He deals with a lot of cases like mine.

I don't think that he is in the IAHRS. It's just food for thought You should never rush into having a hair transplant.

Ive seen some good work by Dr umar, although when do doctors ever post bad work. ? If I were you I would try for an fue of the nape hair and a little above before I did a BHT. is your donor hair exhausted to the point where an fue is out of the question?

Exclamation donor hair depleted

Thanks for your reply. i know what you mean , yes my donor is probably 99% depleted , I never knew about fue or i would have done it way back when. On my 3rd procedure i went to a clinic on venice blvd in La in which almost killed me the frontal area got necrotic tissue and they didnt have insurance. it was hell to fix, anyhow i had to pay Umar 10% to even book the surgery and if i dont do it they will keep the money , and 1 month before which is in a few days i have to pay the full amount for the procedure, Your saying the nape but there isnt much hair in my nape, Umar said the beard hair grows the best of all the hairs on the body , Let me ask you this there a doctor Diep in la and he said i could get 1000 grafts from your head, and i asked him about the bht and he said he doesn't believe in it , but he said if i wanted to do bht go see umar, Anyway not sure what to do at this point , do i lose my money or do the procedure ? From my necrotic tissue i have an indent in the frontal area that is why i want to at least fix that. Anyway thanks for your help.
    George

Stick with Umar then , I think he can make the most of what you have.
    You obviously want to feel comfortable with your decision...it's up to you in the end .. but for really serious cases I always think Umar anyways..i've seen some youtube videos of some Xtreme cases that umar repaired , pretty amazing to say the least.. Did Umar say your donor hair is 99% depleted?

Default donor hair depleted

he said if he did some work he would have to take it from elsewhere . He could get a few hundred at most, Anyway well see.Thanks so much for your feedback

Hi producer

I have had over a thousand beard hairs placed into my scars , so far its looking ok , im ten months post op and am planning a second procedure this year , my Dr is Dr Bisanga at bhr , Dr Umar has some great results , from my experience people who say beard hair isnt a good option represent clinics who cant do it basically ,usually strip only clinics , im not knocking them ,its just something i have noticed . I think as more clinics master fue and beard fue it will be pretty much mainstream in a few years as an alternative donor source , that said, there will be allways those better at it than others ,thats why you got put the research in

all the best

ejj

Talking Bht

I am feeling better now that u said that, How long did your face stay red , when did you start noticing the beard hair was growing, My biggest concern is pain and redness in the beard area, How much did your doctor charge per graft?
    Last edited by producer12; 03-12-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: mistake