+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by producer12 View Post
    I am having my 5th hair transplant . all have been strip, I wish i was told about fut procedure when i started in this journey, Anyway i heard Dr Umar does bht and has head good success with it. I am scheduled for april 14th. I would love to hear if anybody has had work with him and or anybody has heard of this procedure having bad results. I had to pay him 10% up front and his office has said if i change my mind i lose the $1200 i gave them. I work in entertainment and if i am called to go produce a movie i will have to reschedule . Anyway i guess i have a few questions here, but love to hear some feed back . I am a bit nervous also cause paying $12,000 and my hair not growing in besides losing the money.I am 58 and have hair lose all over my head from surgeries . i wish i could cut short but look like i have most of my hair, Its important in my business and hope to get some feedback . Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Edited - Ok my bad, i didnt know you already had your procedure with Dr. Umar.
    I removed my post though since there is no need for it anymore.
    no problem , thanks for removing, Dr umar is awesome and is very helpful in more ways then u would imagine. If something does go wrong which could happen to anyone he will be there every step of the way.

[QUOTE=producer12;54913]I am feeling better now that u said that, How long did your face stay red , when did you start noticing the beard hair was growing, My biggest concern is pain and redness in the beard area but am am reassured by my doctor it will be fine.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by producer12 View Post
    I am having my 5th hair transplant . most have been strip, I wish i was told about fut procedure when i started in this journey, Anyway i heard Dr Umar does bht and has head good success with it. I am scheduled for april 14th. I would love to hear if anybody has had work with him and or anybody has heard of this procedure having bad results. I work in entertainment and if i am called to go produce a movie i will have to reschedule . Anyway i guess i have a few questions here, but love to hear some feed back . I am a bit nervous with anesthesia besides spending a lot of money .I am 58 and have hair loss all over my head from surgeries . i wish i could cut short but look like i have most of my hair, Its important in my business and hope to get some feedback . Thanks
    will had the the 2nd procedure but now all beard hair, i have to be patient and wait now. I believe it will all work out, Thanks to Dr Umar.

Baldozer most doctors are against beard fue because they can't even before scalp fue. Why would they recommend something they do not offer or speak highly of it in anyway. This is a business and that would be bad for business. Regardless beard hair should be used as a last resort when scalp donor is no longer available.

Producer it's nice to see everyone here offering you support, answers and advice.

Will you be posting some pictures so that others can also learn from your experience?

producer,

Welcome to this community. We have alot in common as we are both 58 and I had four previous strip procedures.

The biggest concern that I have for you is the issue of necrosis. I presume that you had this on your last procedure but not the preceding ones? Nevertheless, necrosis as you already know is the death or decay of tissue in any particular part of the body. It is readily seen as resulting from the loss of blood supply, or burns, etc. Obviously in your case it was from loss of blood supply?

Could that happen again? It makes no difference whether the technique used is FUE or strip, it's the recipient areas that can potantially develop necrosis again because after five previous procedurres, there is no doubt a fair amount of scar tissue lurking beneath the surface layer.

Believe it or not, my suggestion would be to consider a top end hair system before doing more surgery. Just a thought.

Also, if you move forward with surgery, why not first do a test session before commiting your hard earned money?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Dr. Jerry Cooley has written some very interesting and informative articles appearing in Hair Transplant Forum International magazine. An article Dr. Cooley wrote in May/June of 2011 indicates that according to his studies, ACell can be of benefit to patients in need of improved vascularization.

-35YrsAfter works at Dr. Cole's office

Hey Producer

I was wondering how things are coming along? Hope your good and happy!

All the best

ejj

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

More strip surgery may present major consequences for your donor area. Donor recharging with FUE is an option. In donor recharging, hair is replaced as it is removed from the scalp. A conventional body hair transplant procedure is a second option. Body hair has limitations, but you can get BHT results in experienced hands. Be careful and take your time as you proceed.

All the best
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux