Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spreadlocks
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Highlander
    Of course. Any of these brute force sports and most of the athletes are going bald. Then compare that to sports where having lots of muscle isn't the main focus and suddenly everyone has a bit more hair on top.

There could also be a simpler explanation, and that is that in sports like MMA it naturally attracts people who are conditioned to be bulkier, stronger, and have elevated levels of testosterone (which eventually converts into DHT, right?). So it could also be different sports attracting different types of people at the higher levels.

That said, I do believe that aerobics has a good effect on hair no matter your genetics.
    I assume you don't follow a lot of mma or combat sport? There are very few if any sports at all that require more aerobic conditioning than high level mma. I have friends that run marathons who can not go 5 minutes on the bag at full pace, nevermind wrestling and grappling.

Also, force is an important part of your strength and conditioning but it's not about bulking muscle on. That's why you have weight classes. Many of the best fighters on earth have very weedy physiques with very little muscle mass.

A lot of fighters ate on the juice but as a percentage I'd imagine no more than runners, swimmers, other sports people etc.

Comment

• John P. Cole, MD
      • Dec 2008

I've worked on many well known boxers, UFC, and WWF guys. I can say that they all have some pretty big muscles and make my surgery chair look small. They are no different than anyone else when it comes to success from hair transplants. If they are good candidates with adequate donor area, they can respond well to hair transplant surgery. If they are marginal candidates, they need to have realistic expectations. If they are poor candidates, they should not have hair restoration.

Fortunately, from an aesthetic sense, many physicians are doing top notch work today. Some time around 1997 is when the major movement toward follicular units began. Prior to 1994, there were only a handful of us out there performing and recommending follicular units. Today just about everyone offers follicular units. Even strip procedures are becoming less popular now. Unfortunately, many did not find a follicular unit surgeon early on and you still have to shop around for FUE. That does no necessarily mean that you should have FUE when you find a physician because FUE is much harder. I've heard more than one physician say that they believe their strips produce better results than their FUE. For that reason, I'd look for someone who specializes in FUE only if you want to maximize your hair styling options.

I have seen many patients over the years for corrective work. The most common statement I hear from them is that they wish they had never had anything done. That underscores what happens with many men. They reach a certain age and get comfortable with hair loss. This does not happen with all men, but it is common so keep your options open as much as you can especially when you are younger. This is my advice. Of course other physicians have a different opinion.

Comment

• jholcollege11

Originally posted by stylus187
        I sale Hormones, and peptides for a living. This is my profession. Trust me!!! I wont mention names, but its due to the DHT compounds... With this being said, yes... you are correct, some dudes such as us, are pre exposed to some deegre of hair loss. Yes.. exercise is great for the entire body. It circulates blood to every organ! Im not taking anything away from these guys. They are God given, blessed genetic athletes... They can def kick my butt!!! lol Hey its all a mystery to some degree!!! Google my sign on name.. lots of info out there!!!
        Hey sorry to get off topic from Joe Rogan, but I have a question Stylus187. I started taking a GNC product called Refine, which contains fenugreek-which I understand is known to boost testosterone levels. Could taking this supplement cause further hairloss with the boosted testosterone converting to additional DHT? I also think I may have low levels of testosterone. What supplement would you reccomend to boost levels that won't cause or potentially cause further hair loss if there is such a product? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• DAVE52
          • Sep 2010

A recent video of Joe with the buzzed not totally shaved head

Last week Alistair Overeem failed a random drug test administered by the NSAC, now his May 26th fight with Junior Dos Santos is in jeopardy.Tonight, Kenny Ri...

Can't see the back of his head but at the 1:05 matk he turns his head and it doesn't look like his scar starts way up the side

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
            • May 2011

I guess in his early 40s he's made peace with the hair loss and has been well patched up. Suits him. Having said that Hasson and Wong could have sorted him out for good. Anyways good for Joe he pulls it off but no one pulls it off better than Bas Rutten.

Comment

• jholcollege11

Originally posted by DAVE52
              A recent video of Joe with the buzzed not totally shaved head

Last week Alistair Overeem failed a random drug test administered by the NSAC, now his May 26th fight with Junior Dos Santos is in jeopardy.Tonight, Kenny Ri...

Can't see the back of his head but at the 1:05 matk he turns his head and it doesn't look like his scar starts way up the side
              Yea he looks pretty good with no hair. He should do SMP and he would look great and younger

Comment

• Delphi
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by jholcollege11
                Yea he looks pretty good with no hair. He should do SMP and he would look great and younger
                Joe Rogan would never tattoo his head. The entire concept is ridiculous and this guy is sounding more and more like a shill everyday!

Comment

• jholcollege11

Lol Delphi! Of course u would respond to this. How's that super fullfillng life of yours going "big guy?" U find the fountain of youth super cure yet? We have a name for people like u where I come from.. it rhymes with DOUCHE!!!!

Comment

• jholcollege11

Originally posted by Delphi
                    Joe Rogan would never tattoo his head. The entire concept is ridiculous and this guy is sounding more and more like a shill everyday!
                    Yea it looks like hair transplants were a wild success for him! How did HTs work out for you bud?

Comment

• Delphi
                      • Mar 2009

Lol Delphi! Of course u would respond to this. How's that super fullfillng life of yours going "big guy?" U find the fountain of youth super cure yet? We have a name for people like u where I come from.. it rhymes with DOUCHE!!!!
                      You’re not fooling anyone Dude. You’re a shill and who the hell said I ever had a hair transplant fool? Good luck trying to sell your head tattoos.

Comment

• jholcollege11

I hope for your sake that u have had hts or have some sort of interest in hair loss, BC the only other explanation for u harrassing people on here is that u have no one in your own life that will pay u any attention. My advice, get some counseling, join a gym(exercise will help with your depression and lonliness) lose some weight, and get a cat or dog if girls won't talk to u. You'all be OK dude, take deeeeeep breaths.

Comment

• Delphi
                          • Mar 2009

I hope for your sake that u have had hts or have some sort of interest in hair loss, BC the only other explanation for u harrassing people on here is that u have no one in your own life that will pay u any attention. My advice, get some counseling, join a gym(exercise will help with your depression and lonliness) lose some weight, and get a cat or dog if girls won't talk to u. You'all be OK dude, take deeeeeep breaths.
                          Good advice hair tattoo shill. It seems like you have me all figured out. You know the truth, you are a fake poster posing as someone interested in head tattoos when in reality you sell them. Good luck with that.

Comment

• jholcollege11

Do u have a learning disability or are u just plain retarded?lol how can I be a shill when I refuse to disclose which company I'm using? Am I simply advocating for amp in general jackass? Just go cash your ssi check so u can go by more oreos and plop ur fat ass in front of the computer all day. Geeze, who forged delphi's transcript, I swear its like talking to Raineman

Comment

Working...